Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

B

1 Message

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 11:09 PM

No internet in some cities in Pennsylvania

It’s sad to say that we ordered Direct Tv in my town and there’s no coverage in the area. When we called to place the order we specified we wanted cable and internet the person taking the order never told us that there was no coverage for internet in the area. So now we are stuck with a contract for two years and no internet we gonna have to get another company for internet. If I was running a company like this I would invest in making it posible to install an antenna here in this town I’m sure you are gonna have happy customers cause the company they have here it’s just not good specially when there’s no unlimited internet. The town I’m referring to is Tamaqua Pa. Again if you wanna make the big bucks invest in installing an antena for internet in this are it’s a huge coverage area cause you have the towns around also. Good luck and I hope no one else gets lied to when it come to coverage area here. 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

4 months ago

???

Are you a DirecTV Satellite customer?  No internet is required for DirecTV satellite services. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

4 months ago

DTV has never provided internet service.  Why reinvent the wheel?  Hughesnet and Starlink both provide satellite internet but will also be limited.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

4 months ago

@Babygirl1974 

You seem to have no idea what DirecTV is or how it is delivered.

DirecTV is a TV service. They have nothing to do with providing internet to anybody. There is no such thing as a DirecTV antenna for a town. You are getting TV from DirecTV's satellites in orbit and each customer has their own receiving dish.

Does that help clear things up for you?

ACE - Teacher

• 

652 Messages

4 months ago

@Babygirl1974 , I have AT&T internet via the city phone line and is billed together with DTV service.  100Mbps max or 5G.  It is fast enough for any action movies.  

There should be some internet providers in your area to get you hooked up to the internet, via a phone line. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

4 months ago

Most streaming services are setup to use 30-40 Mbps.

ACE - Teacher

• 

652 Messages

4 months ago

@shannon02 ,  That to slow for any type of streaming?  I thought for the most part, 25Mbps, is good enough, as that is what had for streaming a while back.  I saw no interruptions in movies, for example.  Times have change?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

4 months ago

I would hope the OP would post back and clarify the situation. From their initial post it seems they installed DirecTV and then found out it wouldn't provide internet for their entire town. So either they are confused about the service or they need to explain better the actual issue.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.