Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

G

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 7:57 PM

paid bill

I recently paid off my directv account how do I get my satilite back on?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

4 months ago

If it were only suspended, usually expected within a few minutes up to a couple hours. Rebooting the receiver is suggested to recheck info from satellite. If not working then you may need to call to have to restore service manually.

If it was canceled for non-pay, then would need to apply for service like a new customer.

In both cases this is provided balance is paid in full, not simply the payment you were behind on.

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

4 months ago

If you paid it with a CC then usually same day, Any other way may take 3-5 days to post to your account.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

4 months ago

However, if you refer to your other thread for an account sent to a collection agency, then usually after 48hrs you can apply for service again. Though be aware if you "settled" with the collection agency for less than the entire balance, that can still affect you negatively with being approved.

3 Messages

4 months ago

After paying my collections bill do I have to pay directv to get my services again? How do get it back on?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

4 months ago

You call DirecTV and apply for service like a new customer. You may need to wait at least 48 hours from paying a collection agency.

As it comes up every so often in these discussions, settling for less with the collection agency does not count as paying off past due when it comes to qualifying.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.