Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 18, 2021 2:05 PM

Remove Fox News Channel

I am looking for a package that does not include Fox News.  

Accepted Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

9 d ago

Good luck finding one. All of the cable/satellite providers carry Fox News. If you don't want to see it you can setup a Favorite Channel list that doesn't include it. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

9 d ago

The only package that doesn't have Fox News is Family.

Networks package their channels to TV providers which in turn must package them to us. Essentially the only way to go without Fox News is to go without pay TV completely. You get a variety of news channels. Set favorites to only watch the ones you like.

DirecTV Package Lineup as of 9/3/2021

• 

1 Message

9 d ago

It's not that I don't want a package that does not include Fox News.  What I want is not to be forced to subsidize the racism, bigotry, mysogyny, sedition and lies that Fox News spews. DirecTV, are you listening? You don't even have to adjust the package fee.  Just don't force us to bankroll the cesspool that is Fox News.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

9 d ago

The TV industry is setup to package channels to providers and then to us. You don't want to "bankroll" it, then reduce to Family or go without. DirecTV does not have a choice in the matter as FOX is so big they have the leverage with all the providers.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

9 d ago

You may feel that it's a "cesspool". Others do not. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't expect providers like DirecTV to take it way just because you don't like it. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.