Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 7:04 PM

RV service

I'd like to add a reciever to my current account to use with my RV.  Do you offer this service?  And what is the cost per month?

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

This is a public forum and we are customers just like you.

No, DIRECTV does not offer a service for RV’ers. But, third-party dealers like Solid Signal do. The cost to add an additional receiver to your account is $7 per month (TV Access Fee) as well as the one-time charge for purchasing an HD or HDDVR receiver from dealers like Solid Signal. If you currently have the HS17 receiver, you cannot use any standalone receivers on the account. 

On top of purchasing a receiver and the TV Access Fee, you’ll need a satellite dish and power inserter 21V. Whether you want an automatic HD SWM satellite dish (Winegard Trav’ler) or a portable setup on a tripod/non-penetrating mount that you must manually aim, it’s your choice. Just be sure to have the proper tools, cables, and SWM power inserter. 

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

2 m مضت

Our advice will depend on what equipment you currently have at home. What DVR/Receiver models do you have? Also, do you already have a dish for your RV? What brand/model? Note that only the Winegard Trav'ler and DirecTV Slimline dish will support DirecTV's HD services. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

2 m مضت

Also a note, "purchasing" the box from those authorized 3rd party retailers is not to own it. They are still owned by DirecTV and adding a TV counts as an "upgrade" which means you get a 24-month serivce agreement.

Alternatively if you have a standalone HDDVR (HR20 thru HR24, or special R22) or an HD non-DVR (H20 thru H25), you could take it with you in the RV if it will just be occasional usage. Just pay to install the setup in the RV, but as no additional box there is no new service agreement or additional TV fee.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.