Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

K

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 25th, 2022 7:45 PM

wanting a credit for no FOX or NFL SUNAY TICKET NOT BEING AVAILABLE

due to your company in dispute with networks i feel that is not my problem and i should not have to pay for services i am not getting and i request a credit on my account for over a month of not being able to view ANY of our fav football games and soccer games.  twice we have had company and everyone wanted to Watch Cowboys play or the cup series  for soccer.  

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

meant NFL SUNDAY TICKET

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

Read the TOS, DTV has the right to change channels and programming at anytime.  DTV also has no control over NFL blackout rules.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

If you weren’t able to watch the Cowboys, that’s because it was on a local channel and blacked out on Sunday Ticket. If your local channel was pulled due to a contract dispute, blame the local channel. Directv might offer a credit for the local channel not being available but even if they do, don’t count on it. I was offered a one time credit when one of my local channels was off during a contract dispute but never got it. In any event, you won’t get a credit here.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@kflannery 

As TV providers do not own the channels, they all have a clause stating programming is subject to change at any time. There is no guarantee of any channel always being available.

NFL Sunday Ticket only provides you games that are out-of-market. Your local Fox affiliate withholding the channel does not change what games are in-market or not. So regardless if DirecTV is in negotiations, or just never had the channel to begin with, in-market games can only be watched on your local affiliate. So if DirecTV doesn't have it, you plug in a regular antenna to pick up any locals within range.

Doesn't matter if you feel it is your problem or not. DirecTV cannot force the network owner to return the cannel and cannot override viewing markets for professional sports. You are getting what you pay for. As such there is no credit that you are entitled to.

Your local affiliate could have left the channel on as a sign of good faith while negotiating the new carraige agreement. Instead they decided not to and use us customers as leverage. They rely on sports finatics to get upset and badger pay TV providers to cave to the high rates that keep increasing. And then people wonder why their bills go up.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.