Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Mylo555's profile

Contributor

Tuesday, February 26th, 2019 1:08 AM

Closed

What do I have to do to cancel my contract?

What do I have to do to cancel my contract?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000. When you get the voice system say "cancel' and that should route you to their cancellation/retention department. A live agent will speak with you and be required to find out why you are cancelling and attempt to retain your business. If you still choose to cancel there are disclosures they have to go over.

If you have time left on a service agreement, you will have a early cancellation (some call it termination) fee (ECF or ETF) on your final bill. It is worth $20 for each month remaining on your agreement, so for example 6 months left would be an ECF of $120.

Be aware their cancellation policy updated last month. Service will continue and still be billed through the end of your normal bill month. So there is no more choosing a preferred last day of service, it is end of bill month for all customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

You have to call and pay the ETF.

Contributor

5 years ago

What is ETF?

Contributor

5 years ago

I have been bounced around to 5 "customer service" reps--If this is what you consider an acceptable level of service you don't deserve to keep us as customers. Calling 800-288-2020 was a massive waste of time that only resulted in burning over 30 cell phone minutes. Please provide a live chat link.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

@RbdnEr wrote:

I have been bounced around to 5 "customer service" reps--If this is what you consider an acceptable level of service you don't deserve to keep us as customers. Calling 800-288-2020 was a massive waste of time that only resulted in burning over 30 cell phone minutes. Please provide a live chat link.

Call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000. The 1-800-288-2020 is for the AT&T side.

Cancellation may only be done over the phone. For general inquiries instead they do have online chat, but only when there is a chat agent available. It is on the "Contact Us" page of their website, but here is the address for it: https://support.directv.com/contact

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.