Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

T

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 2:52 AM

Why is my bill $60.00 more this month

Last month my bill was $60.00 less than this month I do not understand why.  I also no longer need the additional receiver in my bedroom.  I just need the main receiver.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

5 m ago

This forum is not customer support. No one here can see your bill to explain. Most likely a discount ended. Compare to your previous bill to see what changed. As for removing a receiver, you need to call.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

5 m ago

This is a customer to customer forum with no access to any accounts so look at your bills online to see what changed but in most cases a discount finish and dropped off.  You have to call DTV to deactivate the receiver then you take it to a UPS/FedEx store to scan them into the system and keep the receipt.

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

Thank you.  I just dread calling them.  

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 m ago

Read both your current bill and the previous one and see what is different. A $60 difference is very likely a discount ended. That shouldn't be a surprise as would count down each month. Plus if you are new to DirecTV, your order confirmation would have had it listed as well.

Call DirecTV to deactivate the additional TV. That will save you $7 a month. For any further cost saving, you will need to reduce your service to within a budget that is comfortable to you.

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

Watch AT&T/Directv. They give you $60.00 off for 12 months then they harass you with phone calls to pay year is advance. If I don't get my $60.00 again for 12 months I am switching to Infinity. They are about $95.00 cheaper then AT&T not including the $60.00, who has ben way too high since they took over Directv.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

4 m ago

directv does not ask you to pay in advance. The $60 is a discount for new customers and clearly only applies for the first year. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

@rbk4now6 

DirecTV NEVER has you pay a year in advance. Those phone calls harassing you are from scammers trying to get your money. It is a well known scam for the last couple years. There was even a notice sent to the TV messages of all customers a while back warning them since apparently too many are naïve enough to fall for it.

Of course you're not going to get the $60 a month discount again. Discounts are temporary perks. The intro discount is a one-time special. Networks charge them a lot of money so they have to price accordingly. They are a business, not a charity, so you are not entitled to a discount.

Reduce services to within budget. If that doesn't work then certainly switch to a different provider that better suits you. It is up to you to manage your own finances, not demand discounts from others.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.