Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

tscan2004's profile

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 5:02 PM

0x1200 Software C61K update is-YET AGAIN-FORCING 24fps for 4K Sports on 105 & 106

Well, before 0x1200 was forced on all of use with the C61K, there was a simple & quick work around for those watching 4K sports on 105 & 106 and getting very slow frame rate. With version 0x11fe, we could view a NATIVE 720p source before switching to 4K sports and we would keep 60fps & HDR. But with the latest software update, that is no longer possible. 

Does anyone form testing or Engineering read these boards? If so, why do you force this garbage on us when it's not ready? I've been in contact with DirecTv-repeatedly- on this issue specifically the last couple of months and THIS is what you release? Really? 

Gonna cancel the 4K service. I've had it with your service. No point in paying extra for something that doesn't work. 

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

HDMI control has nothing to do with it. 

Switch over to a NATIVE 1080i source like HBO, NBC, or CBS and see if works. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

It's a bug in the latest software. People have reported if you tune a 720p channel and then a 4K channel that works.

Contributor

5 years ago

Ok so I tested more. hDMI Control is not the solution.  

Looks like the resolution changed to 720p when I turned off HDMI control, which made it seem like it was fixed.  

After duplicating the 24 FPS issue with a power cycle, HDMI control did not fix it.   Switching manually to 720p and back to 4K delivers smooth 4K.  Settings > Display > Resolution.  It’s hacky but it does work.  Worth noting, if you turn the genie receiver off you’ll have to “hack” it again to get smooth 4K next time.  Oof. Ridiculous. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

It's a problem with the software on the C61k. There's a fix for this in testing. Don't know when Directv will send it out but I assume it will be very soon.

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

My C61K is now updated to 0x1263 but there is ZERO improvement regarding this specific issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

The fix is in 0x1264 which should be pushed out very soon.

Contributor

5 years ago

Is this still an issue?

Last night's NFL game very choppy on channel 105 4k feed

I have a Sony X930e HS17-100 and C61k-700

Direct TV is making a big deal about NFL 4k, I could not watch the 105 channel , had to go back to 212.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

Until Directv pushes out the fix, it's still an issue.

Tutor

5 years ago

Still choppy for ND vs USC. ATT when will this be fixed?? I want some compensation!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

Read my posts on this subject. It's fixed in the release under test as we speak. 

Employee

5 years ago

Watching Florida LSU right now and it’s still not fixed. Had to disable 4K and the re-enable it to get it working. It looks wonderful after that. 

Tutor

5 years ago

That’s doesn’t work for me. Being fixed in test doesn’t really help me

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

ESPN 4k feed is real HDR. It looks great!

Employee

5 years ago

Make sure you are tuned to 107 then go to settings. Display. Tv resolutions. Uncheck 4K and then check it back after it tells you it’s playing 1080i. That should make it perfectly smooth until you change the channel. 

Tutor

5 years ago

That does not work for channel 105

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.