Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

ane8933's profile

Contributor

Sunday, June 16th, 2019 12:27 AM

Cancelled service ... box with cables have been cut and left all over the place.

I recently had my service cancelled as we’re going without cable. Sent my boxes in and that was that. My husband went to cutting he grass today and noticed the box that held the cables had been ripped open and throw on the ground and multiple cables and wires have just been cut and left. It’s a mess. Was on the phone for an hour and 30 minutes with no resolve. Any thoughts?

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

5 years ago

@ane8933 

That would have nothing to do with cancellation. They cancel on the account side and you send the boxes back. There is nothing physically done at the home, no tech sent out or anything. The fact that this damage, which from what is described should prevent service, happened soon after cancelling is very odd.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

It wasn't anyone from DirecTV. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

DTV coax usually goes from the dish to the first receiver where there is a hole drilled to get inside or the coax is buried and there is no box needed.  Sounds like vandals.

Contributor

5 years ago

I would also assume vandals but there is an old AT&T internet box and a current Xfinity box also on the side of my house and they have not been touched. Also, a very expensive home water filtration system.

Contributor

5 years ago

(Edited) See included images.

29F2E2D4-F898-4397-A625-284AEAEAC86F.jpeg

4BAF4FFB-57AA-4F1A-A0CC-7CB979D63DE6.jpeg

2 Attachments

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

5 years ago

Something that occurs too often, if you have a new service installed (or maintenance on an existing service and they confirm you no longer have DirecTV), is the tech will cut the cables of the old provider.

Since DirecTV does not send techs out for any kind of uninstall (as it is just shipping the boxes back), then most likely this was a tech working on one of your existing services, or vandalism that didn't have a chance to do more damage. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything to determine who actually did this.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.