Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Tambra51's profile

Contributor

Friday, June 28th, 2019 2:27 PM

Complaint against salesperson in Walmart

We were in Walmart and there was a salesperson for direct tv and we talked to her and decided to switch service so we went through everything and then I had to talk to someone on the phone to confirm everything and so my service was suppose to be installed this morning but no one called or showed up so I am wondering do you have salesman in these stores or was it just someone pretending to be 

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 years ago

that was a third party sales person

not a directv employee

they are kinda legit, as they are authorized to sell directv

they just usually say/do anything to get a sale, then dont follow through

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

Did DTV send you an email conformation of the order?

Contributor

5 years ago

I was just wondering if the people in Walmart are actual direct tv salesman or if they are not because if they were you would think that they would do their job and put everything in the computer so that you could get it installed when you are suppose to any way I want to go ahead and cancel my whole order because I dont want direct tv I will just keep what I gor so please take care of this for me thank you Tambra *****
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Tambra51 wrote:

I was just wondering if the people in Walmart are actual direct tv salesman or if they are not because if they were you would think that they would do their job and put everything in the computer so that you could get it installed when you are suppose to any way I want to go ahead and cancel my whole order because I dont want direct tv I will just keep what I gor so please take care of this for me thank you Tambra *****
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

They are not AT&T or DirecTV employees. 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

5 years ago

No one here can cancel your order, this isn't customer service it's a customer to customer forum. Call direcTV to cancel 1-800-531-5000

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Tambra51 

Sales agents in physical locations (Wal-Mart, Sams Club, Costco, etc.) are not DirecTV employees. They are a 3rd party dealer that sells services for other companies. So they send new orders to DirecTV, but are not employees of them as they are just 3rd party sales. Though AT&T now owns DirecTV, employees in their stores are specifically on the AT&T side so can only send new orders similar to how the 3rd party dealers work.

Too often individuals who work for these 3rd parties will say anything to make a sale, or misquote things about the service as they are not company employees. As such any order you placed with them you will want to read over the order confirmation that DirecTV itself sends you. If you have questions on the order, need to modify it or reschedule the appointment, or even cancel if it will not work for you then you will need to call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 to do so. This is just a public forum, not DirecTV customer service. We are other customers, though some of us are very experienced with the service, we do not have access to your account or order.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.