Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

T

• 

5 Messages

Monday, November 28th, 2022 12:50 AM

Direct TV box and HDMI splitter

Have direct tv box.  TV is plugged into it and works fine.  Just bought Vizio 65" smart tv.  Can I use and hdmi splitter plugged into box and then connect both tv's to splitter?  I tried and receive video signal but no audio.  If i unplug everything, start from scratch, i receive both audio and video.  i power off everything, power up, and no audio again.  Am i using the wrong type of hdmi adapter? its a y adapter.  Any help please...Thank you

Accepted Solution

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Just received that box you recommended, made all connections, and works perfect!!!  Thanx again for the excellent information and instructions.  Have great holiday and stay safe…

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

You need an HDCP compatible HDMI splitter which are mostly powered.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

You'll need a powered HDMI splitter that supports all of the HDCP copy protection protocols, like this one .....

https://smile.amazon.com/OREI-UltraHD-HDMI-Splitter-Port/dp/B07J2Q9NPH/

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

2 months ago

You need a powered HDMI splitter that is at least HDCP 2.2 compatible. Having it be HDMI 2.0 as well is preferred.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you. So just to be clear, if I purchase this unit, I can plug hdmi cable from this box to the hdmi input on direct tv box.  Then plug hdmi cables from output on splitter to input on other 2 tv’s and should get sound on both tv’s???  Thanx again.  Was reading and some said I need to get audio converter???  Too much reading…

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

I don't think you need any sort of "audio converter". Connect DirecTV box HDMI OUT to splitter HDMI INPUT, then connect each splitter OUT to your TVs. 

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

EXCELLENT!!!  And that you for taking the time to explain and clarify.  Ill be ordering it from Amazon after this conversation...Tom

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Received the box u recommended, made all connections, and both tv's work perfectly, video AND audio!!!  Thank you very much for the time and excellent information...

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.