Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Aug 6, 2021 3:59 PM

Is there a way to determine what model type satellite dish was installed without physically climbing on the roof?

Is there a way to determine what model type satellite dish was installed without physically climbing on the roof?

Is there a menu based command that can be performed to see what type of dish I have installed?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 m ago

Menu>Settings & Help>Setting>Info & Test>More System Info

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

So once you have your dish type, what are you trying to do?

(not going to spam the "like" button, just asking to see if we can further help)

• 

5 Messages

4 m ago

To: Juniper,

I simply wanted to record any details regarding all of my equipment that I have.  I noticed from reviewing some other posts that some functionality is possible with some dish models while other things are not.   My original setup was installed in mid 2016 and I know a Slimline SMW Dish was installed but I just don't know exactly what model and serial number is there.  By recording it now, years down the line, at least I will have a record of it in case a question later gets raised regarding what I have.  

• 

5 Messages

4 m ago

Thank you everyone.  Now I know I have Dish Type: SL3 LNB and Switch Type: SWM LNB.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 m ago

There is no other model of SWM slimline dish so you either have a 3LNB or 5LNB and you no longer need a 5LNB.  The only way to get serial numbers is to climb onto the roof and remove the LNB.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

SWM (or sometimes SWiM) only has the single slimline dish right now. As mentioned it will either be a 3 or 5 LNB.

With the install 2016 likely you have all current equipment. But for anything to watch out for or be aware of, what are the models of each box?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.