Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 9:29 PM

Closed

issue directv

waiting for receiver signal

if your receiver is restarting, connection will be restored once its back online

4 years ago

this is the screen

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

4 years ago

If it is still stuck on that screen then try a red button reset.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

Red button reset or unplug power for a minute. If this is a Mini Genie Client, or no box but TV used as RVU Client (no recommended), then do this on the main Genie first.

If that doesn't work, provide more info. Model of all boxes, which one is the problem, any other issues, etc.

4 years ago

I am getting the same message - started about 3 to 4 weeks ago. It happens when I change channels. (but it does not happen every time I change it). It only happens on the 2 wireless genies. (fyi it was happening on a wired unit that I just switched out for one of the 3 wireless minis too. It takes a variety of time to recover before it will get to the next channel. It will cause the prev channel setting in my remote to disappear. DirecTV has had 3 people come to the house and I have made many many calls to talk to tech support. No solution yet. My config is a main receiver (no DVR), video wireless bridge and 2 mini wireless genies. Everything has been replaced except one of the mini units.

4 years ago

I am also occasionally getting this message.  It also only happens on my two genie minis, which are wired.  Sometimes it happens when turning on the mini, but usually while watching a channel - the picture will freeze for a bit and the message appears.  Sometimes it clears up, sometimes not.  A reboot of the genie server usually clears it up.  I have rebooted the genie server and minis numerous times, but this is not a practical or acceptable solution.  Yesterday I also tried replacing the IRD and outside splitter.  It seemed OK but then I got another occurrence this morning.

This problem also seemed to start happening around the same time as others have noted.

Equipment: Genie HR44/500 receiver, mini C41-100, and mini C51-100.

Anyone solve this problem or have some advice?

3 years ago

Unplug your HDMI from the receiver reset it and wait till it appears to be reset and then plug your HDMI back in.. I had two of them do the same as the Pic above. This resolved my issue. I think it has something to do with I/O on reboot and cause it to hang up.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have had a tech come out FOUR times! He tried everything from resetting to replacing all equipment.  NOTHING works. He did t have any other ideas on how to fix this.  It happens constantly…like at least every 15 minutes.  Looks like we will go back to Dish…

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

3 years ago

@Alana 

As this thread is over a year old, please start your own for your specific issue. Include as much details about the problem (model numbers of boxes, symptoms, error messages, what troubleshooting you and the techs tried, etc.). Be specific as you may not have the same setup as the OP of this thread and we cannot know what you have until you tell us.

However if you are just telling us you will go back to Dish, then call DirecTV when they are open to cancel. This is a public forum so we cannot do that for you.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.