Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

F

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2023 7:07 AM

Question about returning equipment.

I was sent a box by Direct tv. Never opened it. I’ve had this box for a year or two since the you know what happened, and wanted to ship my stuff back. Does anyone know if there’s a return label inside? Can I take it to my local post office, and ship it out from there once I try and figure out what’s their equipment and what’s not? Or can I use UPS or FedEx if there is a return label inside? Box came taped up.

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

1 year ago

If you canceled DTV a year or so ago most likely they have charged you the NRF fee so you now own the paper weights.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

1 year ago

What are the receiver models of the equipment? As shannon02 states since over a year has passed if DIRECTV were to want your equipment back they would have already charged the NRF. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

1 year ago

@fansigain 

When have you, or have you already canceled? If you canceled a year or two ago, then you should have already been charged a non-return fee (NRF) that you cannot get back. But if you are only now cancelling, then any returnable models get taken to a participating FedEx/The UPS Store for the free return (just the receiver/client boxes, not what they were shipped in).

Otherwise, sitting on equipment for a couple years pretty much means you've inherited a paperweight. Installs and activations of equipment weren't shutdown, so curious why you just let it collect dust.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.