Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

The DIRECTV Community Forums website will have an upcoming maintenance window from 10/21 to 10/22. Thank you for your patience during this time.

roofer's profile

Contributor

Sunday, June 30th, 2019 5:06 PM

Closed

Roof replacement/DirecTV dish

My DirecTV dish is mounted on my roof and I am about to have the shingles replaced. What is the standard procedure? Does your technician remove the dish before the roofers begin and then reinstall it when they finish or do the roofers deal with all this?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

5 years ago

direcTV won't Remove the dish, you can have them reinstall after the roof work  it's a $49.95 charge plus any additional custom mounting.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

@roofer wrote:

My DirecTV dish is mounted on my roof and I am about to have the shingles replaced. What is the standard procedure? Does your technician remove the dish before the roofers begin and then reinstall it when they finish or do the roofers deal with all this?

You can usually have the roofers remove the dish. Then call DirecTV to reinstall .... 1 800 531 5000. 

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Make sure that the dish is removed my the roofers BUT NOT INSTALLED AGAIN! 90% of the time the roofers will not install it correctly and the DTV tech will have to reinstall the dish. Just have the roofers remove the dish and mount and lay the assembly on the ground. If they have to cut the coax, that's fine. Just schedule an appointment for a tech to reinstall the dish to save you any extra headache or work. 

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

5 years ago

@roofer 

Have the roofers remove dish and mount. Do not have them reinstall it themselves as they usually do not have the equipment/training to do it properly. Call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 to schedule a dish relocate to have it put back up.

However if your dish has been there a while, do you know what kind of dish you have or the model numbers of your boxes? Just checking to make sure it is not an old MPEG-2 setup that would require a new dish anyway. That way you don't have to deal with multiple appointments.

Contributor

5 years ago

Thanks

8 months ago

I have a satellite on my roof, but it is not mine as I have Cablevision. What do I do as no one will come forward to claim it.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

8 months ago

See my response in your other post.  The dish becomes property of the homeowner, so you can hire anyone you want to remove it. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.