Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

R

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 6:05 PM

Should we upgrade equipment?

We have a Genie Gen 3 HR 54 and several Genie Mini C51's. Should we upgrade this? Or is this still ok equipment? I called to inquire and they asked all kinds of questions I didn't understand and kept putting me on hold. Reading in the forums I'm even more lost. But it sounds like the newest equipment has an issue that if one box goes down they all do? Am I understanding that correctly? I definitely do not want that to happen. I don't need wireless. I don't need to talk to my remote. So should we just keep what we have? 

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 months ago

The equipment you have now is perfectly capable, and given that you don't need the new features that the HS17 Genie receiver offers, I'd keep what you have.

If you did want to upgrade, this would require a 2 year contract.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

You all ready have the same system, if your HR54 goes down all your C51 do too.

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

Hmm, I think you're right shannon. So would you upgrade then? I don't understand any of it really. The lady on the phone didn't seem to have any idea either, so I finally just hung up. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

Not now unless you are thinking of going to 4K as the HR54 can only stream to 1 4K client at a time while the HS17 can stream 2.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.