Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 7:52 PM

Standard Receiver upgrade to HD

Recently told by DTV above upgrade was necessary because standard receiver would lose channels eventually. Set up with DTV to do the upgrade which is at cabin (115 miles) from my other DTV equipment. Agreed to a one time cost of about $125 for this. Scheduled (I thought) thru DTV to have tech install upgrade on 6/23 between 4 and 8  PM. Drove the 115 miles to be there. Tech didn't show up. Drove 115 miles home. Next reschedule date available was 6/28 between 12 and 4 pm. Drove 115 miles to meet tech. Got email from DTV that Corey G would arrive between 2:10 and 2:40. Again, no show. Waited till 4pm and still no show. Called DTV and they said tech couldn't contact me and no one was home. Not true!! DTV had the correct info, my phone worked, I drove the 115 miles to be there, and the address they had was correct. DTV rep apologized and said the only thing he could do was reschedule the job and next window would be 7/2. Told him to cancel the upgrade. Drove 115 miles home. Not driving another 230 miles to be fooled again. Not happy with DTV and even though a 20+ year customer am looking for alternatives to DTV.

Accepted Solution

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

3 m مضت

Each account has a service address, that is the only one Directv will service. If you are currently receiving directv at two addresses simultaneously on a single account that is techically account fraud. and it's more complicated that that because HD needs a different dish.

So lets start by you posting back and tell us exactly which receivers and dish you have in each location. Then we can come back with an analysis of your options.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

3 m مضت

DTV will only go to the service address listed so unless that cabin has its own account you will have to put in a move order then pay $199 to move it back.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

Was the address correct on the account or the work order, there's a big difference 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

3 m مضت

DirecTV is shutting down their MPEG-2/SD-only feeds. So going forward everyone of us needs MPEG-4/HD capable equipment to continue using serivce. SD TVs haven't been made in over a decade. So DirecTV is moving forward as they cannot stay in the past with legacy equipment forever.

If your cabin is not on a separate account, that is the problem. DirecTV is a residential address, not intended to move about between places often. The physical service address determines locals, RSNs, and taxes you are required to pay. If boxes are left all the time at their respective places, you just need them seaparated to their own accounts. But if you move boxes back and forth, you would have to do a new order so that the 2nd location gets its own equipment. You can suspend each account for up to 12 months within a 6 month period so that you only pay for the account in use.

Now if each place is on a separate account and equipment as it should be, then something went wrong with the order or tech. Over the phone they can submit a complaint on the appointment via a Field Service Request, but beyond that all they can do is reschedule the order. You weren't being "fooled" as you say. Either there was a error in the order placed (typo on address or phone number, or even placed for the other of your 2 accounts) or the tech made a mistake (on purpose or accidental we don't know).

Yes with the distance you had to go was certainly frustrating. But no company is perfect. You can call and reschedule for when time is more frendly for you, perhaps even file a BBB complaint if you feel it warrants it (goes to the corporate level), or continue with your alternatives. No matter where you go, all companies have had an issue with a tech no-show at one point or another. Personally I wouldn't make a hasty decision over a single incident. But only you can decide what is best for you.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.