Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 22, 2022 6:03 PM

Swapping old dvr'r

I have two HR22 receivers and one HR10-250.    Can I swap them for one HR54 and 2 mini's for free. Also can I keep my current package?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

7 d مضت

Swapping to an HR54 and 2 Minis would be a downgrade. Mini Genies are Clients, no tuners of their own. You would go from 6 to 5 tuners.

Just upgrade your HR10 to a Genie. Likely you would get an HR54, but HR44 could be a possibility unless out of stock. The Genie works with HDDVRs like your HR22s.

Upgrade will come with 24 month agreement and adding $3 for Whole Home DVR (assuming you don't already have the service). The order itself I would expect to be free as with HR22s you should be well over 2 years since your last one. You will need to call DirecTV to be sure.

You never have to change your package to get new equipment. Though I always encourage reviewing the channels you watch to make sure it is still the best fit, especially if by any chance you have a grandfathered package.

I would suggest being caught up on the recordings on the HR10 as they will not copy.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

7 d مضت

The HR10-250 was a TiVo HD DVR built for MPEG-2 so therefore it cannot even receive HD anymore. They should be able to give you a free SD SWAP for that receiver since it is only

capable of receiving the MPEG2/HD feeds that used to be provided by DIRECTV way back

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

7 d مضت

If you are paying for TiVO service on top of DVR, that naturally would go away. DirecTV only made one more attempt with TiVO (THR22) before they parted ways again.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.