Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

B

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 19th, 2022 11:42 AM

Uverse video bridge

What's the video bridge for my uverse  how do you add a client's that in active  on account I already called they sent me a link that I do not understand they said do yourself online can anybody clarify this 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Do you really mean uverse? This is the Directv forum, uverse is a different service and different forum.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

3 months ago

@Blondiepp 

Wireless video bridge (WVB) is an accessory for DirecTV.

You've posted in the DirecTV forum.

If you want help with U-Verse, post in their forum.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Forgive the oops  I made a mistake I mean my whars video bridge for my directv I hVe a big box behind tv on top it has a button you can push saysadd client would this be the video bridge I have that boc hook to genie HD DVD and in the other rm genie HD DVD then I have one genie mine Ian trying to hook up how far can genie go uam 96 ft the box if that the bridge iam not sure

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

2 months ago

@Blondiepp 

Ok, you do have DirecTV. Thanks for clearing that up. Your last post is a bit garbled, so let me see if I understand it correctly.

You are asking if the big box behind the TV is the wireless video bridge (WVB). What is the model number on it?

What model Genie do you have? As a note, it is an advanced HDDVR, not HD DVD. (records on internal hard drive and does not use an external disc).

Your "Genie mine" is a Mini Genie Client. If it is model C41W or C61W then that is the wireless model that connects to the WVB. The wireless range between WVB and Mini Genie is up to 80 ft in ideal conditions. At 96 ft you are too far and would need a wired connection instead.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

You may need to add another WVB to so it will be closer to the mini.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

2 months ago

Keep in mind that adding another WVB it still needs to be wired on the coax. So if you are just adding a TV, or simply moving to what would be the furthest ever location, I would considere a wired Client (receiver/HDDVR preferably) instead for more reliability.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.