Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

J

19 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 9:11 PM

Whole home not working

whole home feature suddenly stopped working 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

You can get them from online dealers like Solid Signal or Weaknees.com, some have had troubles activating them.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

All DTV receivers are leased regardless of where you get it, the price is the up front lease price that you would pay DTV if you had ordered it from them if you didn't have a free upgrade coming.  If DTV will not activate it then they may allow you to return it at your cost.  If the tech shows up with only an HS17 then say bye.  To PM/DM DTV help you need to go to one of DTV social media websites.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

Have you done a red button reset of all the boxes starting with the main Genie?

19 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for answering. I have H24 receivers and I did multiple power resets on both units with no results.

19 Messages

4 months ago

Also, there is a little black box that interfaces the system with the internet and I power reset that a bunch of times.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

Double check the model number(s) as the H24s don't have hard drives so can't buffer On Demand for them to be connected to the internet  or record programs to use Whole Home.

19 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for that….they are actually HR24/200. 

19 Messages

4 months ago

….the whole home features were working an couple weeks ago.  There was a power outage in that timeframe but I double checked the whole home receivers settings and they were set properly and the two units showed as communicating with one another

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

OK, this could be a problem with your account as HR24s where generally not set up to use Whole Home that was added later.  That black box maybe the DECA BB.  Just to make sure do they show Whole Home authorized on the status menu under the Whole Home in the settings menu?

19 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks and yes it does show as authorized.

19 Messages

4 months ago

Also, the connected home adapter ( black box )is model DCAU1R0-01

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

When used to add the internet to the coax DTV calls it a DECA BB as it also needs a power source either an A/C power brick or the newer one use USB.

DTV has few if any HR24s left so they may pressure you to upgrade to the HS17 and mini clients only system with a new 2 yr contract, unknown if their tech can fix it or not if after making sure it is not on DTVs end. 

19 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks Shannon02!  DIRECTV tried to push me to upgrade my hardware a couple years ago but they told me that I would lose my hard drive recordings in the process.  If they could transfer my recorded shows to the new equipment I would have gone for the equipment upgrade/change, but they said it was not possible.  

Being that it was working fine a week or so ago, do you think DIRECTV is attempting to strong arm me into the equipment change by shutting off the whole home feature with a flick of a digital command?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 months ago

DTV never had a way to transfer recordings or settings to a new box but you can go old school and record them to a PC with a USB Capture Device in SD and real time.  I don't think it was deliberate.

19 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks Shannon02, I am guessing that there is no way to capture the recordings to an external hard drive via a digital port on the DVR.  Not being adept at digital devices, maybe I should call up DIRECTV and endure the process to see if I can speak with a tech rep who could return my service remotely.  Bad way to kill half a day!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.