Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023 2:29 PM

DirecTV Stream Boxes Not Working

I have two DirecTV Stream devices (not the new Gemini, the previous box).  One hooked to a Samsung TV the other to a LG TV.  During the night last night I noticed that the blue power light on the DTV box connected to the LG TV was on.  I assumed the box was getting a software update.  This morning I found that the blue power light on both of the DTV boxes is on but the green internet connection light is not on.  I attempted to use the DTV remote to turn on each of the TVs as I usually do.  Neither TV will turn on using the DTV remote.  I see blue flashing lights at the top of each DTV remote.  I used the Samsung remote to turn on the TV.  I see that the DTV box is attempting to reboot over and over.  I've tried unplugging both DTV boxes, waiting several minutes, plugging back in.  Neither DTV box will complete the start up process.  The box tries to restart but after a few minutes powers itself off and tries again to start up.  I have AT&T 1 gig internet service.  Every other internet-connected device in my home (phones, iPad, computer, printer, HVAC thermostat) is connected to the internet and working correctly.   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

2 Messages

8 months ago

You guys are awesome! The 20-second (twice, but actually may not have been needed twice) did the trick! I thought my box was dead. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2 Messages

8 months ago

I am having the same issue.  Continues to reboot but never gets past the DirectTv screen with the moving line.  I have reset several times but nothing changes.

1 Message

8 months ago

The same is happening with me. I, too, am using a Samsung tv 

1 Message

8 months ago

Same happening to me in Texas. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same here.. 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

8 months ago

Other folks are reporting this issue. Likely a system-wide problem.  My Roku is currently working fine. 

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

This is a lousy solution, but.... I did a hard reset (hold red button down for 10 seconds) on the box attached to my Samsung TV.  Of course that meant starting over with setup as if you just took the device out of the shipping box.  Enter wifi and google account passwords, etc.  Re-authorize every app (Netflix, Max, etc.). The box attached to my Samsung TV is now working perfectly.  Haven't yet done the same to the box attached to my LG TV.  It's still in the endless loop of trying to start up, fail, power itself off, repeat.  Hoping DirecTV will do something on its end to resolve the problem without me having to do a hard reset on the box attached to the LG TV.

2 Messages

8 months ago

ckjohnson you are my hero!!  Thank you so much for posting.  I did do the reset button earlier but evidently I did not hold it down long enough.  All is fix now.  Thanks again

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Same or similar problem/symptoms here with one of our boxes.  Appears to be stuck in a loop trying to power up.

Unfortunately the hard reset trick did not work.  Ethernet connected back to the router.  All connections checked, and a switch between this box and the router power-cycled.  Everything else is working fine.

Community Manager

• 

233 Messages

8 months ago

If you are experiencing freezing with your DIRECTV device, perform a factory reset by holding the red button on your device for 20 seconds. This may require multiple resets. This would restore your settings back to default and you will need to enter your login credentials again for access. 

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Ah, I tried the 10-second recommendation, not 20.  Will try that, thanks.  In the meantime, I've ordered a new box.  Worst case, I'll have a spare. :)

Mentor

• 

208 Messages

8 months ago

Only thing that would work for me was a master reset by doing 10 red button resets in a row.  Only after that, did my box come out of the boot up cycling.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

8 months ago

https://forums.directv.com/conversations/watching-directv-stream/frozen-screens-on-directv-via-internetstream-devices/651c968341f9b3673983aa96

1 Message

8 months ago

Spent 3 hours on hold yesterday to get told to hold the reset button 25 seconds which worked but lost all my apps and authentications in the process! 

The support agent said they sent out a software update at 5 AM that didn't take for most resulting in the continuious power cycle loop.

(edited)

1 Message

8 months ago

Same issue here with DirecTV Stream Gemini box. I cannot reach ANYONE at DirecTV for two days now. Very frustrating!!!!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.