Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

86 Messages

Tuesday, December 13th, 2022 4:38 AM

2023 Price increases

DIRECTV STREAM Price Changes for 2023

New pricing for DIRECTV STREAM takes effect January 22, 2023. You’ll see the new pricing in your next bill cycle on or after January 22, 2023.

DETAILED INFO

DIRECTV STREAM packages

As is the case across pay TV providers, we’re adjusting the price of our video packages to keep pace with the rising costs of programming. In addition, we continue to experience higher-than-normal inflation across our suppliers.

Heads up:
  • Have a DIRECTV STREAM contract introductory offer? You'll keep that discount until it expires. Once your offer period ends, you’ll pay the new price for your package.
  • If you change your package, you may not be eligible for certain discounts anymore.
DIRECTV Stream packages (Current) Monthly price increase amount
ENTERTAINMENT
ULTIMATE
PREMIER
$5
CHOICE $10

DIRECTV STREAM packages (Grandfathered) Monthly price increase amount
LIVE A LITTLE
ENTERTAINMENT
$5
JUST RIGHT $8
GO BIG
GOTTA HAVE IT
PLUS (MIDAS)
PLUS w/o HBO (MIDAS)
MAX (MIDAS)
ULTIMATE
$10
CHOICE
XTRA
$8
OPTIMO MAS $4

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

Yep, the email notifications to all should be starting soon for both DIRECTV STREAM and DirecTV as they do every year.

Did you have a question, or just sharing an email you got?

ACE - New Member

• 

567 Messages

1 year ago

The price increases for streaming, satellite and cable are yearly events, just like Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

All the prior rate hikes from the channel owners result in this annual price adjustment.

Everybody should be getting an email with the details and a link to more info like prior years. So curious if the OP has a question as they just copied the info.

• 

86 Messages

1 year ago

No question just passing along the info

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

Well that is important info. But with DirecTV sending that info out to all customers, it seems a bit redundant.

• 

86 Messages

1 year ago

Don’t see the big deal

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

Not a big deal at all. Just seems odd to copy/paste a notice that all customers should be getting. That's all. As I said, still good information.

• 

79 Messages

1 year ago

Don’t see the big deal

I agree.  Thanks for the info, @jtshep1.  I had not seen it yet and who knows when or if the email might arrive and maybe it just gets lost in the holiday hustle and bustle.  Now I know not to be surprised when the next bill gets auto-paid.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

supportable if they offer 4k content into the stream service

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

@dessinge 

This has practically nothing to do with 4K. Problem is that networks keep increasing costs to TV providers. Their costs go up, even for non-4K content, then our bills go up accordingly.

(edited)

• 

156 Messages

1 year ago

I know cost are going up for all Tv Providers. They just need to watch and take precautions, there are a lot of streaming services out there offering more for less.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

1 year ago

If the streaming service you are referring to offers you more for less, then why are you still here?

• 

156 Messages

1 year ago

It was because of sports but that is not the case anymore. We did leave Directv for almost 2 years and went to Youtube TV. Then Youtube Tv lost Espn the week before the Bowl games so we called DTV and they had plan at a cost we could live with so we changed back and dropped Youtube Tv. It is a hassle to change services and Directv has been competitive so we just stayed with them. We can change back to Youtube Tv anytime now that we have several streaming services and would not miss a beat any where. I hope this answers you WHY question.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately, that is what most viewers of sports do. It's a hassle, but if you are a sport enthusiastic, that is what one has to do.

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I fell for the "GO BIG" package back in 2016.  It was advertised for $35 for life.  That was a lie!  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.