Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 3, 2022 12:48 AM

All my favorite channels are gone

I regularly watch Logo, Pop, GAC Family and they're gone. I called and they said my package doesn't have them and I would have to get a higher package, except my package did have them for over two years. Now they're saying I must've gotten them by accident. For over two years? Anyone else have that happen. We aren't paying more money for a higher package to get these back.

Accepted Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

3 m مضت

Sometimes DirecTV has a freeview week of a higher tier package (typically Xtra at minimum). It has happened that when the week end, some customer's authorizations didn't refresh correctly allowing them to keep the additional channels until something happened to finally fix the issue. Months or even years it could be stuck.

However, to figure out if that is your situation, what are the exact name of your package?

Accepted Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

3 m مضت

Unless there is more info, I'm going to have to assume it was the authorization issue and your package wasn't supposed to have them.

For reference, here is the lineup of the current packages, though grandfathered ones have similar tiers.

DirecTV Packages & Channel Lineup

Accepted Solution

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

@90stvl0ver it's possible that they were complimentary channels that are now no longer complimentary, some accounts have complimentary channels added at random for unknown periods of time 

• 

2 Messages

3 m مضت

I had a grandfathered in package similar to Select. I guess we just got lucky for two years 🤷

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.