Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

The DIRECTV Community Forums website will have an upcoming maintenance window from 10/21 to 10/22. Thank you for your patience during this time.

F

6 Messages

Monday, July 1st, 2024 11:42 PM

Bay Area Regional Sports Network

I have DirecTV Satellite and subscribe to the Premier package that includes Bay Area Regional Sports Network to watch the SF Giants.  I've been having problems with channel 696 when the Giants are on for a couple days now.  Received online support and she said she reset my service and it worked for a while.  However, now the screen cracks up then goes black and it won't stream through my internet and I get a code 015 stating it's blacked out in my area.  I live in Placer Co. California, and I'm a Giants fan.  If it's a problem with the Bay Area sports network then what do I do.  When the Satellite goes out on other programs on Channel 696 it automatically streams through my internet.  However, Channel 696 Bay Area Sports Network when they are broadcasting the Giants games it doesn't stream when there is an outage it just blacks out and gives me the code 015.  All other programs on 696 during a satellite outage stream through my internet just fine.     

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

4 months ago

If you are in a package Choice and higher (except Preferred Xtra) than you get your Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) included.

By NBC Sports Package, do you mean the Sports Pack? It is not NBC owned or NBC specific. It provides over 35 Regional and specialty sports networks. It does not change blackout rules. It is a cheaper way to get your in-market RSNs than raising to Choice.

In some cases a game will be shown on a local channel in your market. If so, then it is blacked out on the RSN as well as one of your specific locals has rights to the game.

First make absolutely sure the channel is in your market.

https://www.directv.com/sports/regional-sports-networks/

Check if any locals have rights to the game.

Streaming rights are different from satellite, so it may not allow to switch to streaming. Or your ISP may be causing an issue with location for the channel to verify you are still in-market on the streaming delivery.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

4 months ago

@floralrc  everything @Juniper  said

6 Messages

3 months ago

This is the 2nd time I've posted about this issue.  I have DirecTV Satellite and subscribe to the Premier package that includes Bay Area Regional Sports Network to watch the SF Giants.  I've been having problems with channel 696 when the Giants are on for a couple days now.  The screen pixelates, then goes black, and it won't stream through my internet and I get a code 015 stating it's blacked out in my area.  I live in Placer Co. California, and I'm a Giants fan.  If it's a problem with the Bay Area sports network then what do I do.  When the Satellite goes out on other programs on Channel 696 it automatically streams through my internet.  However, Channel 696 Bay Area Sports Network when they are broadcasting the Giants games it doesn't stream when there is an outage, it pixelates, goes black, and gives me the code 015.  All other programs on 696 during a satellite outage stream through my internet just fine.     

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

Is channel 696 your local rsn? The sports pack gives you all of the rsns bur still won't let you watch an out of market game, so it will give you a blackout message. What's your zip code?

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

3 months ago

That is your in-market RSN, so you don't need Premier specifically, just Choice or higher.

If the issue is just professional games (not just the Giants), but other programs are fine, then that would suggest the broadcasting rights for the channel don't allow to switch to streaming specifically for professional games. If the problem is only the Giants then that may be that team has unique rights regarding streaming, or an issue regarding the authorization between the team and the network.

I would reach out to the network for clarification if it allows auto-switching to streaming (at least for that team) or if this may be a technical issue. This is certainly out of the realm for DirecTV's normal support route as they work with service delivered directly by the satellite.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.