Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Blackout games NFL

Hello,

I am attempting to watch NFL Sunday ticket on my TV or laptop. In both places, the games that are blacked out should not be - they are not the games being shown in my local market CBS channel. How do I fix this? I'm in Chicago, and CBS is showing Browns-Chiefs, but I am unable to watch Patriots-Dolphins as that is blacked out. Thanks

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

3 m ago

You don’t. Every year stuff like that happens. You can try calling but that’s something only Directv can fix.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 m ago

Are you trying to watch NFL Sunday Ticket option or on a CBS specific streaming option?

CyberOwl

• 

32 Messages

3 m ago

I'm a little confused about your question so I need some clarification.

If you live in Chicago, then all the Bears games will be on the local CBS or Fox channels (depending on who the road team is - if the Bears are on the road, it's usually Fox because the Bears are in the NFC).

But sometimes, the local CBS or Fox channels will also carry an out-of-market game.

So for example, on a Sunday, the schedule might be to have the Chicago Fox show the Bears game at 1PM EST, then a Browns-Chiefs game at 425PM EST.  If the local Fox channel is showing the Browns-Chiefs game, then you won't be able to watch the Browns-Chiefs game on NFL Sunday Ticket.  You have to watch it on the local channel.  I've had this problem.

If this isn't what your problem is, then I would need clarification.

BTW, the NFL has some strict rules about local markets and TV broadcasting.  Go to:

https://506sports.com/nfl/ to get an idea of what games are being played where.

(Addendum - just checked the 506sports.com website.  If you're in Chicago, you should have been able to watch the MIA/NE game on NFLST since it was out of market for Chicago).

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

3 m ago

@CyberOwl The OP was not talking about the Bears since they were on NBC last night. The OP is talking about watching the Patriots vs Dolphins on Sunday Ticket but Sunday Ticket was blacked out because it supposedly was on the local CBS channel but it wasn’t. Per the OP, the local CBS channel was showing the Browns vs Chiefs. Consequently, the Patriots game should not have been blacked out on Sunday Ticket. Now the OP didn’t say whether “TV” meant Directv satellite or the streaming only Sunday Ticket app. If it was the app, the issue for both app and computer could be the location being incorrectly determined.

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I am also having this problem, I like that game very much, can someone help me. 

(edited)

CyberOwl

• 

32 Messages

2 m ago

@adamvinh, you need to be more specific?

1) Where are you located?
2) Are you trying to watch the out of market game on DirecTV satellite (that is, thru a TV)?  Or are you trying to watch the out of market game thru DirecTV Stream?
3) What game or team are you trying to watch?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.