Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

C

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 25th, 2022 12:54 AM

Closed

Cannot watch DirecTV on any of my computers using the DirecTV.com website

Cannot watch DirecTV on any of my computers using the DirecTV.com website.  Cannot find any support for this issue.  Can't get anyone from DirecTV who can help me. 

Ready to cancel DirecTV.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

2 years ago

What exactly happens when you try?  Error messages?

What web browsers have you tried?  Cleared cache?

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

To be honest this issue with the Video Guard player never seemed to be resolved. Every computer I tried it on from operating systems like Windows, Linux, and MAC OS all have the same issue. I’m not sure if this issue is network-specific or requires a ‘driver’ from your computer OTHER than the regular Video Player one that is required to be installed in the first place. 

I’ve found workarounds to be installing Android emulators on your computers (BlueStacks, Nox Player, etc. are preferred). Once you have the Android emulator on your PC, you can go to the Google Play Store and install the DIRECTV app. From there, you essentially stream it from your computer like you would an Android device. Basically, your computer ‘emulated’ an Android device.

Another workaround is going to the channel’s specific website and signing in with DIRECTV as your TV provider. You’ll get on-demand and live TV streams of that channel from their website.  Do be aware that this only works with channels that have TV EVERYWHERE functionality. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.