Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 5:57 PM

Can't see all my Directv channels on my new LG TV

We had to buy a new LG smart TV with the Web operating system.  When I hooked up the HDMI to my tv from my H24 box,  I'm getting a message that says my TV doesn't support this programs content protections. Replacing HDMI with component cables will allow me to view the program.

What is this? I've never encountered this with my other LG TV. How do I fix it? Most of my channels won't  come in because of it.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

That is a "handshake" issue with HDCP.

Power off both H24 and TV. (might have to unplug power on TV to clear issue).

Unplug HDMI cord from H24 and all other devices on TV.

Connect one at a time and verify.

Should get it all working or find out which device in the chain is the issue.

As a note, if you have something like a recordable DVD player connected by HDMI you might get that message.

And devices should be HDCP 2.2 compliant going forward.

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

I did every step you said to do and it still isn't allowing channels through. What exactly is these component cables it speaks about? The only hook up is the HDMI and coax and USB. There aren't any other jacks other than for hooking up a soundboard. Definitely no RCA plug ins.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

2 months ago

coax from where?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

Your DirecTV H24 has the colored output ports on the back. If you mean the TV doesn't have them, that is a little odd and I would recheck in case they are in an odd spot. Also verify that is a TV and not a computer monitor as they can be very similar these days.

What model is that LG?

Also see if there might be any firmware/software updates for the TV. Something a lot of these new "smart" TVs need upon purchase and then occasionally after.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

My Directv receiver

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

If your DirecTV receiver doesn't have the colored ports, check that model number again.

Though you should still be connected to the TV by HDMI anyway.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

It's brand new. We bought it yesterday.

LG OLED48C2PUA

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

I have an A44 Directv receiver on my TV in the bedroom so I  switched boxes and hooked it up to the LG. It did the same thing in regards to the channels that wouldn't come in. Some channels do, but not all HD channels and we don't get our Encore channels either.

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

As a matter of fact,  updated the tv this morning  

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

2 months ago

You can't have a coax AND an HDMI connection from the receiver.

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

Excuse me just the HDMI

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

I have an A44 Directv receiver

There is no model starting with 'A'. I suspect you mean the 2nd generation of the Genie line (HR34, HR44, HR54).

With TV's firmware updated earlier this morning, I wonder if there is a bug as what you've described is a "handshake" issue with HDCP. I would reach out to LG to see if they have a known issue, or if they have a support forum if this is being reported by other LG TV owners with the current version. If not, but only this one TV is affected, then yours might have a hardware issue with the HDMI port and HDCP compliance causing the 'handshake' to fail.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.