Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

W

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, March 12th, 2022 2:30 PM

Closed

Dropped Channels

I recently changed to the Select package after the obscene rate hike (to $200+ a month) for my longtime preferred Xtra package. On Thursday, March 10, 2022, Lifetime, A&E, The History Channel, and Vice channels all dropped off of the Channels I Get. After a mere 45 minutes on hold the Customer Service representative told me they were receiving a large amount of calls on this issue and DirectTV was working on rectifying the issue. It is now two days later, March 12, and still no channels and no update from DirectTV (so much for customer service). Any update would be appreciated. 

Since AT&T has taken on DirectTV it has only become more expensive and less responsive.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

3 years ago

Those channels were removed from some packages as channels were realigned. Here is the info from a @DIRECTVhelp post.

Effective 12/8/2021 some customers with low to no viewership of the A&E channels will have it removed from their Select or Entertainment DIRECTV base package. High-viewership and unconnected customers will maintain access to A&E channels.

While A&E channels will no longer be available in certain packages for new customers or existing customers, customers will have the option to keep the A&E channels.

Existing customers may visit  CHANNEL OPT-IN (https://direc.tv/3EVZuLU) and request to keep A&E in their channel lineup at no additional cost.

Apparently, some customers just received the update, so perhaps either an authorization issue just got fixed or it got delayed from the original effective date.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

3 years ago

Did you opt-in before or after changing to the Select package. If before, my guess would be it is not supposed to carry over with a package change.

If opt-in again fixes it, then great. Good luck.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the response. Prior to calling DirectTV regarding the channels dropping off, I went through the Channel Opt-In process and received a message that read "Good News! You're already identified as someone who wants to keep yor channels, so we'll make sure that it stays in your package." As I stated in my original post, I had just recently switched to the Select package and had discussed those specific channels inclusion with customer service at that time as The History Channel and A&E are two of my all time favorite channels. My Opt-In preference was probably input at that time and were available prior to the 10th. On the 12th the Customer Service Representative said DirectTV would be notifying customers when the issue was corrected.  There's no where to check status unless I do another 45 minute wait for Customer Service again?

Opt-In does say give it 72 hours, so perhaps tomorrow.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I have the exact same issue. Dropped channels, it says I have already “opted in”. No help from Customer Service.  Can’t get a straight answer from anyone.  I just want my channels back that I’m paying for!!!!!

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

It was one month after the switch that the channels dropped off.  When I called to change to the Select package they were listed as included and they were there after the switch.  Everything worked fine until March 12. In one of the Customer Services messages on this issue in this forum they say to give the Opt-In 72 hrs to occur so here's hoping.

Thanks for your help! It is nice to get feedback and know that at least someone is listening.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

March 14, 2022, it took four days but the A&E channels are back and working fine. Thanks!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Back out again on March 29th. "We're aware of the issue and giving a $10 bill credit." But they have no idea when this will be corrected. Ridiculous. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.