Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 11th, 2022 10:50 PM

FOX 16 channel removed from Direct TV

When will FOX 16 channel be restored and available on Direct TV?

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

When the owner of your local Fox station allows DirecTV to provide it again. 

It's all about $$$. This video does a great job explaining it ....

https://youtu.be/rppTzSP5NI4

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

2 years ago

@JoesMuleBarn 

First of  all it is DirecTV, not Direct TV.

Most likely the network owner, a local affiliate of Fox, is going through carriage negotiations. By channel being removed, this means a new agreement had not yet been made by the time the old one ended.

Only your local channel owner may decide to withhold the feed or allow it through as a sign of good faith while negotiations continue. DirecTV cannot force them to return it.

Naturally, the 'when' is unknown. Nobody knows before it happens when two entities come to an agreement. It takes as long as it must.

For more info on carriage negotiations: https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

well, we the people need to be reimbursed for not fox channels. Maybe not you.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

2 years ago

@Fiona2 

None of us "need" to be reimbursed. There is no guarantee, promise, etc. that any channel will always be there. Since they don't own the channels, all TV providers have a clause stating the programming/channels may change at any time.

No matter how many local channels you get, be it 5 or 20, the monthly bill is the same. So your local Fox affiliate being unavailable (ideally temporarily) makes no difference to your monthly bill.

Pay TV is luxury entertainment, not a Constitutional right. So "We the People..." don't need anything under such stipulations.

As said many times before, why should TV providers and us customers (as it gets passed onto our bills eventually), keep paying more for channels that are free over the regular airways? If you cannot live without the channel, then plug in a regular antenna and enjoy it free until the feed is returned to DirecTV. Or allow yourself to watch some other programming for a change.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

@Fiona2 

Then Fox should reimburse you. They're the ones that pulled their channel. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

Remember the Tegna dispute from a year or so back? I lost my local NBC channel during that dispute and Directv actually offered a bill credit, which I accepted. Now, I never actually got the bill credit but at least they offered.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

2 years ago

Was there any word on why the Tegna credit didn't go through? I logged in and accepted as well, but no dice. Admitedly I wasn't looking for credit as I understood the situation, but if they were going to offer I wasn't going to say no.

Tegna, Nexstar, Viacom...more often they (the channel owner) pull channels to leverage us customers to raise rates.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Of course we miss the super bowl.. So ready for my plan to end so i can just get Youtube TV 😂

Direct TV has got so bad over the years

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

can’t even get the super bowl 😂😂 So ready for my plan to end so i can get Youtube TV

DirectTV has got so bad over the years, so many problems they never fix for months.

im honestly surprised some people still even use it 😂for how expensive it is and don’t even get basic channels. Embarrassing 

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

1 year ago

As stated you FOX affiliate removed their feed.  There is nothing stopping you from getting any streaming service.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

1 year ago

@justin2409 

DirecTV is not allowed to show you the channel because they don't have it. The local affiliate for Fox in your area (Mission?) pulled the feed to leverage us customers to get higher costs. You may be fine with bill going even higher for a free local, but many of us are not. This is why local affilaites prefer having their carriage agreement end around major sports events so they can upset customers for their benefit.

Use a antenna to get the free broadcast (and possibly sub-channels) until negotiations complete.

https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/ 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah that what they said bout channel 50 last year & to this date still don't have it. Guess they never negotiated.  I also may be terminating my Directv. Channel 13 is a local station in Albuquerque.  As you tell us to pay our bills & no interruptions will accure, why don't you directv shell out some of their money & pay these companies so us Ammericans can watch & be happy. I assure you they are gonna lose more customers.  Yet, they keep charging us more for (Edited per community guidelines) infomercial channels.  Pay the companies & get our channels back. That's all you have to do. Like they care about customers. Yeah right. All for themselves. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

1 year ago

@Mgonzales1960 

They get the channel back just to make you happy and then you'll be complaining when your bill goes up. That's how it works, the channels raise the rates again and again. TV provider cannot just absorb that. Their operating costs go up then so do our bills.

This is why I stand by using a regular antenna to get the free broadcast. That way no matter what TV provider you have, there is a backup for you.

And remember, there is no TV provider immune from this situation.

Your "I want it and I want it now" is certainly all for themselves just like Veruca Salt.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

That is ridiculous cuz we didn't ask for it to be taken away.  They raised my payment without telling me & that's after they removed the ones last year & I have the basic package. I didn't get anything extra either so it's just robbery.  The rich get richer like they say.  They should do better for there customers.  My Father dropped them last year cuz they kept removing channels & raising his bill everytime he turned around. He is on fixed income & could no longer have his bill go from 90 dollars to 170 dollars for basic plan also.  They are robbing everyone.  

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

1 year ago

Infomercials pay DTV or the channels to be carried. There is no "basic channel package"

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.