Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

D

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 30th, 2022 1:53 AM

FOX

I have been a customer of Directv since 1998. I watch a lot of programs on channels FOX 16 and 33. If this problem cannot be corrected soon I will look for another service. I hate to leave Directv, but I need this corrected. Sincerely, Darlene Henderson 

ACE - New Member

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

This is a public forum please don't post your personal information for all to see.  If your local fox channels are not on the air due to a dispute this is not Directv's fault as your local channel is trying to get more money from Directv which would raise everyone's costs plus every TV provider goes through these disputes.  I would contact your local station and complain that you are no longer getting their channel.  You could also if you are in range use an over-the-air antenna to get your locals for free until the dispute is over. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

Your local FOX affiliate are the ones that removed their feed from DTV, DTV will carry it when it is returned. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@darlene8146 

First of all, this is a public forum. Never post personal info (like your full name). It is against the forum guidelines for your privacy and protection.

Recently DirecTV has been in negotiations with local Fox affilaite. Unfortunately a new agreement was not reached by the time the current one ended. The only way this can be corrected is for the channel owner to return the feed to DirecTV, but the (the channel owner) choose not to do so until they agree on the new carriage deal. DirecTV cannot force them to return the channel any sooner.

Plug in an antenna to pick up the free broadcast. Pay TV is for all the nationwide channels you cannot get otherwise. And why should we customers (and the TV providers) keep paying increased rates for our free locals?

As a caution it looks like DirecTV's agreement wth Fox itself is comming up. Hopefully that only affects channels directly owned by Fox and not local affiliates (so not starting all over again for those already affected).

For info regarding any carriage agreements already affectings channels:  https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/ 

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.