Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Fedupw/tv's profile

Teacher

Friday, May 31st, 2019 5:26 PM

Local channels removed (June 2019)

While an ongoing dispute between DirecTV  and my local station WHAM continues, can I expect a refund for undelivered product? In other words, why am I being charged for something I'm not receiving?  Please don't tell me to contact WHAM;  they are not the ones charging me to watch local TV;  DirecTV is.

Tutor

5 years ago

Please turn nbc 15 in mobile al back on. We pay for it in our package 

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 years ago

are you willing to pay more? its free with an antenna

contact the station, they pulled the signal.

stations are out of control with thier costs, it needs to be stopped

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Nbc15al wrote:

Please turn nbc 15 in mobile al back on. We pay for it in our package 

DirecTV cannot turn it back on. Only the channel owner has the rights to do so.

You don't pay for a guaranteed specific local. You pay for channel variety. DirecTV may only provide you the locals in your designated market area (DMA) and only when the station owner gives them permission.

Check: https://tvpromise.att.com/

We want to get WPMI and WJTC back into your channel lineup as soon as possible, but by law their owner, Deerfield Media, has exclusive control over that.

We share your frustration since Deerfield has removed WPMI and WJTC and won’t return it until Deerfield receives a substantial fee increase. The fact is you can now watch all of the same shows on WPMI and WJTC for free over the air on channels 15 and 44 and, often, online at nbc.com or using the NBC app.

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 years ago

read your contract

it says station carriage subject to change

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Anyone know what happen to abc. Went out last night just before the NBA game and hasn’t worked since. Screen say channel has been removed 

Contributor

5 years ago

What happened to METV, channel 49?  I had it yesterday. today it says that it's unavailable?

Contributor

5 years ago

NBC is a main local channel,which alot of programs we watch are on NBC 16. I have watched days of our lives for 45 years!!! We all need NBC back asap. When will it be back?? If local channel NBC Don't come back,probably leave,a d been with you for years! You have gotten very expensive. 

Contributor

5 years ago

Are these channels available on different Chanel?  

Contributor

5 years ago

Lost ABC on same day of basketball final.  I am NOT happy.  Paying $170/month at this point for really about 10 channels I want/need.  There is no loyalty program so the longer you have service, instead of getting a discount, your price actually goes up.  I'm looking into Spectrum, not that I like their service but they still offer the critical channels and at this point have the lock on our internet so I"m already paying them quite a bit so the bundle will lower price quite a bit.  Also looking into streaming/Roku options at this point.  Not really a fan of that since I have to get devices for TVs but checking on it.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ctintera wrote:

Lost ABC on same day of basketball final.  I am NOT happy.  Paying $170/month at this point for really about 10 channels I want/need.  There is no loyalty program so the longer you have service, instead of getting a discount, your price actually goes up.  I'm looking into Spectrum, not that I like their service but they still offer the critical channels and at this point have the lock on our internet so I"m already paying them quite a bit so the bundle will lower price quite a bit.  Also looking into streaming/Roku options at this point.  Not really a fan of that since I have to get devices for TVs but checking on it.

Ah yes, yet another contract dispute. Local station owners continually demand more and more money that fewer and fewer people watch. They pick the basketball finals to help them pressure providers like DirecTV to renegotiate quickly. You can switch to Spectrum, but the same thing will happen with them eventually. I'm glad that providers like DirecTV are playing hardball with these greedy station owners. My bill is already high enough, thank you.  You should be pressuring the corporation that owns your ABC station to settle quickly. Ask them why providers like DirecTV should pay anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Bestboss wrote:

Are these channels available on different Chanel?  

Ch 15 and 44 where ???

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

You can see what channels are available in your area by checking www.directv.com/locals

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bigee1124 wrote:

Anyone know what happen to abc. Went out last night just before the NBA game and hasn’t worked since. Screen say channel has been removed 

Yep. Yet another greedy station owner corporation demanding more money from providers like DirecTV to carry their signal, despite the fact that fewer and fewer folks even watch their station. You really need to be pressuring the corporation that owns that station. They're the ones that pulled their signal, not DirecTV. Ask that corporation why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Spectrum should pay anything when they're allowed to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

Either the channel that carries it changed it to a sub channel or they are in a contract dispute with DTV and removed their feed.  You can go here to see if there is a dispute:  https://tvpromise.att.com/

Contributor

5 years ago

What happened to Metv? Was this station dropped? How can I get it back??

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.