Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

cryennie's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 4:39 PM

lost my local channels on Direct TV . zip code 55960

I have loss all my local channels on direct TV  other channels seem to be OK.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have lost all local channels, zip code 55960  Help !!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

What happens when you try to access your locals?

Model of box(es)?

Troubleshooting tried so far?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I get a header telling me what channel that I am on but no picture them blank . All other channels work , receiver HR54/500
receiver ID 0232-3407-8923

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

HR54 is the model. The receiver ID (RID) is just a digital identifier on which one is specifically yours.

Ok so goes to the channel (as shown by the header), but blank screen otherwise, and only locals are having the issue. Are any other boxes having the issue, or just this one?

While box is off I would verify the coax coming into it is finger tight to be sure. Do a red button reset on the HR54 itself to see if it can clear the issue itself. You can try www.directv.com/refresh which refreshes the service authorizations in case the channels are not fully authorizing as they should.

In case it is a conflict with the version of the channel coming in, go into Settings > Display > Preferences > Guide HD Channels and change to either Show All or Hide HD Channels. Then exit the menu completely, give it a minute, go back in and change it back to Hide SD Duplicates.

Those suggestions should refresh anything that is causing the channel to come through incorrectly, or not fully authorizing it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

All stations came back on there own.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

Always great when an issue resolves itself. Though annoying it happened in the first place of course.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.