K

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jul 15, 2022 11:20 PM

MeTV

I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Until today, I was able to enjoy MeTV using channel 55 with my DirecTV service. I had seen the notation on screen that it was about to move, but did not make note of the new channel number. Where do I tune in for MeTV now?

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

4 months ago

Yes, it's on the air. We don't know what the contract between the station and directv says. Almost certainly it  isn't a contract between directv and MeTv. There's an agreement for directv to broadcast channel 55 so that's what we are getting.

We don't know why channel 55 moved MeTV to a subchannel. Presumably its a money issue (usually is). 

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

FWIW there's a streaming service called FRNDLY TV that carries METV and several other channels with old shows for $6.99/month.  I signed up mainly for METV but was surprised to find shows like Combat, Rat Patrol, Here Come the Brides, CHiPs and other old favorites.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Looks like I am paying $100+ for nothing since we enjoyed the classic TV shows on MeTv 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I called DTV yesterday about a problem with some of my channels after finding a tree limb in my dish about a month ago. Most are okay but I get the message about watching in a lower resolution on others. When I asked about having a service tec put a meter on the dish and check the aiming I was told it would cost me $99 for the call. If after almost twenty years with DTV they want to charge me to reaim my dish I think as soon as my baseball package runs out I will be calling Dish or my local cable company for service. 

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.6K Messages

4 months ago

@dondedondon its best to make a new post. Include the receiver model (s), what you have tried so far, whether you think the dish needs to be reaimed or if it is damaged (the reflector may be bent), as well as the satellite signal strength on 101, 99(ca), 99(cb), 103(ca), and 103(cb). This can be found by going to Menu, Settings, Satellite, and View Signal Strength. Document all signals so we have an idea of your dish’s misalignment.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

4 months ago

@frankftw 

If you only got DirecTV for METV then yes that would be a waste. You shouldn't get pay TV only for a single channel.

You cannot guarantee or order a specific channel, just like you cannot order a specific model box. If they don't have what you want, seek elsewhere.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

4 months ago

You own the dish and everything but the receivers which is why DTV charges for service calls and $99 is now the standard rate, if you want to try aiming it yourself then there are videos on youtube that may help.  Dish also charges for service calls.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.