Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Thewin3's profile

Contributor

Monday, November 4th, 2019 3:13 PM

Closed

Not all channels subscribered to show up

We have the middle package that include the Hallmark channel. It’s shows on our guide as subscribed to but when we go to the channel we don’t have it. I hate calling customer service so thought I’d ask y’all. It does this on several other channels that fall under the package we pay for so we should have them. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Scholar

• 

76 Messages

5 years ago

There are 3 Hallmark channels....  Two of them you have to pay an extra subscription fee to see.......the other Hallmark ( channel 312)  is included in the normal package.    

Channel 564 HLDRM "Hallmark Drama" and Channel 565 HMMHD  "Hallmark Movies and Mysteries" 565  aren't free and to get them must subscribe to  Directv's  Entertainment Package which includes those two channel's  plus SonyHD, MGMHD, SmithsonianHD  CIHD ..........

If all else fails, you'll have to call Technical Support.

Try to do a hard reset........ push the red button on your DVR.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Thewin3 

Which Hallmark channel? And what is the name of your package (there are several so "middle" doesn't mean anything).

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

5 years ago

@leewos wrote:

There are 3 Hallmark channels....  Two of them you have to pay an extra subscription fee to see.......the other Hallmark ( channel 312)  is included in the normal package.    

Channel 564 HLDRM "Hallmark Drama" and Channel 565 HMMHD  "Hallmark Movies and Mysteries" 565  aren't free and to get them must subscribe to  Directv's  Entertainment Package which includes those two channel's  plus SonyHD, MGMHD, SmithsonianHD  CIHD 

That would be Movies Extra Pack, not Entertainment package. Also you don't necessarily have to pay an extra subscription fee for HM&M.

Hallmark (312) is currently in all base packages: Family, Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra (or Preferred Xtra), Ultimate, Premier.

The new channel Hallmark Drama (564) is in the Movies Extra Pack (formally called the HD Extra Pack) which is an add-on pack of channels.

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (565) is in the Movies Extra Pack. But as of a couple years ago it is also in 4 base packages: Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra, and Premier.

Contributor

5 years ago

I am paying for the Hallmark Mysteries & Movies and if I directly type in 565 I get it, but it doesn't show on the guide. It also doesn't show programming, so I have no way to schedule recording a show when I am not there AT THAT TIME! This is awful during the holiday season!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

@jodyjohn wrote:

I am paying for the Hallmark Mysteries & Movies and if I directly type in 565 I get it, but it doesn't show on the guide. It also doesn't show programming, so I have no way to schedule recording a show when I am not there AT THAT TIME! This is awful during the holiday season!!!

Let me be sure I understand ....

You do actually receive Ch 565 when you type in the channel number directly, right?  So that means you're subscribed. 

The fact that you're not seeing it in your Guide could be because you've set the Guide Options to filter out some channels. Be sure that the Guide Options are set to "Show All Channels" and check again. 

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

5 years ago

Couple possibilities on what is happening.

HM&M is a HD only channel. Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Display > Preferences > Guide HD Channels. Make sure "Hide SD Duplicates" shows, not "Hide HD Channels" or even "Show All Channels". If it shows correct, you may want to change it to one of the others, exit out of the menu, go back in and change it back. That would refresh the display preferences.

Check your favorites list to make sure the channel is selected.

If neither of those fixes the issue then try a red button reset of the box, even using www.directv.com/refresh to refresh the service authorizations.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I have all 3 of the Hallmark channels (312, 564 and 565)with my DirecTv package but when I go to channel 1312 (Hallmark on Demand) to watch something,  it asks if I want to add this channel to my package.  Why am I not able to watch the on demand channel?

Does anyone know?

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Dcondlin 

Please start a fresh thread so it doesn't get mixed in with old info from 3 years ago (2019).

Model number of boxes?

How are you connected to your home internet?

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Any other issues?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.