Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

B

3 Messages

Sunday, July 7th, 2024 12:33 AM

Signal Saver

I am a DIRECTV Legacy customer who has been with DIRECTV for many years. I have always had good coverage up until Signal Saver came along. I use satellite 101 and my reception is in the 95 range. I pay for satellite service and now more and more I get the message my service is switching to streaming. We do not have 5G internet and the streaming is a lower quality picture than my satellite picture. I have gone into settings and checked the box saying to ask me before switching to streaming but it overrides my wishes and goes immediately to streaming. Once it starts streaming mode I can't stop it from streaming. It is doing it more and more and when the weather is fine. At first it did it when the weather was bad but now it's like we're being forced into streaming.

I pay for satellite service. I want the satellite service I pay for. I want my nice crisp picture without the blips of streaming. I have great positioning on my dish and the picture is great. Quit forcing us into streaming in the rural areas. Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

DTV is shutting down the MPEG2 and all locals channels from the 101 sat, to continue using DTV you have to do an MPEG2 swap that will replace the dish and replace SD only receivers with MPEG4 receivers with no new 2 year contract for free.  DTV sat is not going anywhere anytime soon.  The 101 will continue broadcasting MPEG4 channels with no locals if you have MPEG4 receivers.

(edited)

3 Messages

2 months ago

Models:

Genie Gen 2 Model HR44-500

Genie Mini Model C51-500

Genie Mini Model C51-500

Dish is solid connecting 101 with 95 signal strength.

Coax to all units is tight.

Reset tried on all boxes.

I had tried disconnecting the internet cable but the WI-FI in the house kicked in.

Problem is still happening. I thought you had some good suggestions so I accepted your solution. However it did not work in the end after I tried everything. Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

The HR44 is a Genie so you don't have a legacy system but a SWM system, and you also need to check the 99/103 sats.  Most likely the dish needs to be aligned.

3 Messages

2 months ago

I did try the full power cycle. I'll post if anything new.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.