Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

O

Tuesday, July 14th, 2020 5:51 PM

Turner Classic Movies (TCM).

Why is my TCM (Turner Classic Movie) channel no longer providing star ratings and  dates and places of birth of featured actors?  This is a really nice feature that is sorely missed.  And, yes, I have refreshed my system to no avail.  I have also contacted TCM who said they have nothing to do with this but my cable provider is whom I should address.   What say you?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

There maybe a bug in the new software and DTV buys the guide from a third party guide maker.

4 years ago

So, in other words, AT&T is the one responsible.  And this "Forum" business is a mere lark, which will likely result in nothing be done or corrected as we now have a new status quo, the customer be damned.  Got it.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

DTV is responsible for the software but the guide maker adds all the info used in making the actor info.  This is a customer to customer forum.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

4 years ago

@olddavy 

If it is a technical issue, then AT&T is responsible for fixing it. If it was info provided by the company they get the guide info from and is dropped feature, then the guide maker is responsible for what happened but not required to give it back.

The forum is not a "lark". This is a public forum of other customers, and the occasional one with the "employee" tag (off the clock, not in an official capacity). So this is a place to get guidance and for us to help each other out. If you want official support, you take the time to call.

4 years ago

Here's a news flash for you, Juniper:  I did call for "official" support before posting on this forum, and then as a last resort, and only after dealing with paralyzing stupidity at every twist and turn.  So enough with the righteous bull sh-t.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

4 years ago

@olddavy 

Please try and keep discussion civil.

Was simply pointing out this is not official support. That is only over the phone. Though they do use a online chat on the website, I wouldn't trust it these days as a lot of misinformation is coming out, making some of us suspect it is outsourced without good quality management.

It comes down to if it is a technical issue from the provider side (DirecTV), or a change from the guide/channel info side. If the latter then DirecTV cannot do anything about it. But if it is an issue in a DirecTV software update, the agents over the phone can submit a trouble ticket, or verify if there is a known issue that will be addressed in turn.

Though it may be disappointing without the feature, at least it was nothing of great importance that impairs watching TV. Just a minor inconvenience.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.