Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

RhinestoneWA's profile

Contributor

Thursday, August 8th, 2019 9:23 AM

Closed

Why is boomerang in letterbox format on my 16:9 TV?

Why is Boomerang in letterbox on my 16:9 HDTV? I enjoy watching the shows and I'm fine with it being in 480i. But black bars on the top and bottom? So you can watch it on a 4:3 SDTV really this is 2019 I haven't seen a 4:3 screen in like five years. Even then it was un hooked in a garage. AT&T own Boomerang. And I understand that on streaming services it is native 16:9 why not put that feed on the 480i channel its on now?

Contributor

5 years ago

I am also wondering why I get a two standard definition KLEW channels also in letterbox couldn't one of them be in 16:9 and in 480i like Logo?

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Insanely wrong.  On DirecTV satellite, Boomerang Classic 4:3 cartoons are Letterboxed and squashed top to bottom, and stretched side to side

MeTV over-the-air  on 55.2 in Dallas shows them properly Pillarboxed, full height with black at the SIDES.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

2 years ago

@frankftw 

The only thing "insanely wrong' is you are trying to argue with someone from about 3 years ago (2019). You had to dig for this thread.

Outdated thread - CLOSED

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.