Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

D

Friday, December 27th, 2019 10:54 PM

DirecTV Billing Through CenturyLink

Centurylink suggested that I discontinue their Prism service and switch to DirecTV instead. I got rid of everyting with CenturyLink except the DirecTV. Now, Centurylink is billing me an incorrect amount - I changed service options and I have a credit on my account, but Centurylink is trying to charge me $176!

I just want my bill to come directly from DirecTV instead of through CenturyLink.

How do I make that happen?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

5 years ago

You have to have century Link opt you out of combined billing

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I think you would be going from bad to worse! If you think Centurylink customer service is bad, just try AT&T/DirectTV! Personally, I would keep trying to get it straight with Centurylink and then just switch to another provider!

Observer

I agree with you, both of them are horrible.  I have a bundle and can't get a straight answer out of either company.  They constantly screw up the combined billing.  

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

With any combined bill, you call the company the bill is on (in this case CenturyLink) to opt in or out.

Personally I avoid combined billing with any pair of companies. Even if billing is correct, there can be confusion in reading it when goes from one billing system to another. Plus any extra important info tends not to transfer as it is the billing line items (numbers only). And though CenturyLink is ok in general, they have one special circumstance with combined billing. They forbid you from having certain paid services on DirecTV because of the company's "morals". On principal I find issue with that as that is the customer's choice on what they watch, a combined bill should not give up that right to a company forcing you to comply with their beliefs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000, DIRECTV STREAM 1-888-429-4023, or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.