Offer of 1/2 off DirecTV monthly bill for 2 years?
Received a call offering me 2 years of 1/2 off my DirecTV bill. When I indicated I was interested, I was switched through various operators each telling how much my patience was appreciated. Finally reach a fellow with a very, very thick Indian accent who presented the following offer:
- Get 1/2 off my DirecTV bill for 2 years (savings of $80 per month)
- Get three free premium channels. This required me to go to my TV, turn it on and go to channel 552 which was some strange movie channel; then go to channel 559. I don't have that channel, oh well don't worry I have turned on three premium channels for you.
- To get this offer I must pay the first 4 months, $320, today. The remaining months will be billed at $80.
- Now, to make this payment I must go to a store (walgreens, target, cvs, etc.) and purchase an EBAY card for $320 and then call ATT billing at 877-349-0424 and they would apply the $320 to the the next 4 months bills.
- This offer is only good for the next 24 hours, when do you think you can get this done?
- Oh and if you complete this in 24 hours, we will give you a debit card for $100.
I was on the phone for about 30 minutes.
I think this was a scam and am pleased I wasted so much of his time!
Anyone else get this offer? They did know a lot about my ATT/DirecTV accounts and I need to go change by passcode!