Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

CarolGLA's profile

Contributor

Friday, December 6th, 2019 5:34 PM

Direct TV Dish Removal

How do I remove a Direct TV Dish from my roof?  Does ATT do this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 years ago

att does not do this

if you want it removed, i suggest leaving the base plate to avoid leaks

go up, look at how its connected, then make a decision of what should be removed

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

@CarolGLA wrote:

How do I remove a Direct TV Dish from my roof?  Does ATT do this?

If you want it removed, you do it yourself. Just leave mounting plate to avoid leaks.

The receiving dish, like most everything else that was installed, you own. So DirecTV never takes it back or uninstalls it. Only the receiver/client boxes are returnable, unless too old a model.

4 years ago

You can have a roofer remove and repair the roof for $600.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

@dingleberrysong 

Not everybody charges the same cost across the country for such work, so best to check local pricing. Though perhaps the OP took care of this since last year when they posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000, DIRECTV STREAM 1-888-429-4023, or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Probably true. I just had a roof inspection done during the sale of my home and Roof Doctors gave the quote for $600 June 2020 in SF Bay Area.

Dish was mounted on top of the roof over the eves. I noticed that my neighbor has one mounted under the eves and the mounting post curls around the gutter to extend above the roof. Their old mounting bracket is still attached to the shingles.

4 years ago

I look forward to the part of the revolution where CEOs of huge companies are punished publicly for their greed, sociopathy and hatred of the customers who made them rich. The ATT CEO would be close to the front of the line.

ACE - Expert

• 

296 Messages

4 years ago

Bitter much?

4 years ago

Rivegauche610,

Don't be a hater. 

You can always do business with someone else or start your own not for profit communications company.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Rivegauche610 

Such a random post in a old thread about removing a dish that you as a customer owns.

Companies are out to make a profit. They provide a service and expect to be paid for it. They are not charities, and certainly TV is not an essential service. So shop around for what works for you. Anyway greed is a two-way street. Those who expect services handed to them for free or below cost are greedy themselves.

In the end it is up to the customer to mange what is in their budget.

4 years ago

Trumpanzees seems to be in charge here so all posts as yours can be seen as a characteristic way of behaving. It isn’t my dish, never was, was here on the house property. I see it doesn’t take much to be an ATT “expert,” here, condescension, primarily, but stupidity, secondarily, is evidently a much-traveled two way street. I can leave the forum without an answer, but here you remain to deal with more old people like me. I get the better of that deal for sure.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Rivegauche610 

Upon install the dish becomes part of the customer's property. When you acquire the property and the prior owner didn't remove the dish, then at that point the dish is now yours. It is up to you if you remove it or leave it where it is.

You jump into a post, seemingly at random, and throw around insults and claims of "hatred" with no context. That is the only kind of "monkeying" around seen here. I would suggest leaving politics (your juvenile "trumpanzees" comment) at the door as that has no place in how the service works or their billing model.

Bottom line the dish is customer owned and passes on to the new property owner if it wasn't removed. So yes, it is now yours.

3 years ago

I asked the tech who installed my dish if ATT takes it off if/when I stop my subscription and he said "yes, we do that." So from the above, it's looking like that was a mere lie, untruth, prevarication, or fib. It's years later, but I'm done with all ATT. But I guess I'm stuck with it, eh?

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

3 years ago

Nope, you own it to do what you want with it.

3 years ago

I understand that already. It just reminds me to never trust any verbal agreement with any corporation or business, and maybe not even with a written one.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

3 years ago

@gerflash 

Always compare what is said against what is written. Because in the end, the written Terms of Service and the order as shown is what you sign off on. And never expect installers to be very knowledgeable about billing or canceling service later as that is not part of their job.

Whether on purpose or honest mistake, that installer gave you wrong information. You ship receiver/client boxes back to them (if still returnable models), but everything else you own upon install.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.