Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

Monday, April 6th, 2020 6:44 PM

Closed

How to turn off narration on directv

I was watching a movie on demand, when suddenly after a commercial break there is a random guy narrating. I think it is for the visually impaired. I checked everything and couldn’t find out how to turn it off. It’s not the Talking Guide.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

4 years ago

Press Info and go over to the CC tab and turn off the settings. There are a couple different ones on the same tab so double check where the dot shows.

when I go to the cc tab, it only shows closed captioning and directv subtitles, which are both off, and talking guide, which is also off

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

If CC has dot next to OFF, and also showing OFF for Talking Guide then it shouldn't be DirecTV but the TV itself. Check the TV settings.

On the rare chance it is DirecTV not following its own settings, turn it on, exit, go back in and turn it off. Red button reset if needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000, DIRECTV STREAM 1-888-429-4023, or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The issue lies with the Audio/Video function on DirecTV. Press INFO on your remote then right arrow over to Audio/Video then down to English Dolby Audio. There should be a dot next to your selection. If you have a dot next to SAP Dolby Audio you’ll continue to hear the voice over. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.