Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

N

3 Messages

Sunday, February 4th, 2024 3:21 AM

Local Channels Cut Off Today

Direct TV just cut off all the local channels today and I’m (Edited per community guidelines). You need to either bring back the local channels or reimburse 

me for all the tears of service I have paid.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

4 months ago

Sounds like you have an SD only system so unless you call DTV for their free SD swap offer you are out of luck, DTV will not be returning the SD local channels. Or it is possible that your local channels are owned by the same owner or they are managed by them and they removed their feed to DTV.

(edited)

3 Messages

4 months ago

How dare you? So what am I paying a monthly bill for? Or what services or

for what channels since you cutoff all

the local channels today. I never thought 

of you like all the others but now I do. Saad…

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Direct TV Cutoff All Local Channels Today

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

Same answer to your other post.

Sounds like you have an SD only system so unless you call DTV for their free SD swap offer you are out of luck, DTV will not be returning the SD local channels. Or it is possible that your local channels are owned by the same owner or they are managed by them and they removed their feed to DTV.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

4 months ago

@Noalani 

DirecTV did not cut off all local channels. One of two things has happened.

1. Your local channels are owned by COX. They pulled their stations away to negotiate for higher rates. Normal carriage negotiations. Though would be surprising if all your locals are owned by COX. All you can do is wait for negotiations to complete and watch something else, or perhaps use a regular antenna to get the free broadcast in the meantime.

2. You have MPEG-2/SD-only equipment. DirecTV has been working on shutting of those legacy feeds slowly over the past 5 years. SD-only service hasn't been offered since late 2015. You would have to call DirecTV and schedule an appointment for your free MPEG swap (do NOT say "upgrade" or you get a 24 month service agreement). You can't survive on outdated tech forever.

Demanding they reimburse you for all the years of service you have had is beyond ridiculous. The only way that works is if you go back in time and never use their service in the first place. So instead of making outlandish demands, educate yourself on the situation and go from there.

And per the Terms of Service, which ALL providers have a similar clause, channels may change at any time. You are not entitled to any specific channel to always or ever being there.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

4 months ago

Well there is a 3rd possibility that a technical issue is affecting your locals (and perhaps other channels you haven't realized yet) but this would be unlikely. Mentioning though so all bases are covered.

Post back with model numbers of boxes as well as zip code/county (verifies which DMA for locals you are in) and that should verify which situation applies to you.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.