Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

Sunday, June 21st, 2020 3:16 AM

Missing news stations during Trump rally

During the Trump rally 06/20/2020 all the news stations were gone from the guide and from surfing channels the only way to access was if you actually typed in the channel number. Shortly after the rally was over magically the channels are back on the guide and show up when channel surfing. On another note when I attempted to record I received an error stating "this receiver isnt authorized to record this program" so I changed to a random channel recording worked fine. I would like to hear the official excuse...

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

4 years ago

DTV buys the guide from a third party.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

4 years ago

Guide data to TV providers comes from a 3rd party. This is because channels span multiple TV providers, so get the same content on those shared channels no matter who you are with.

So it is most likely there was an issue originating with the guide provider that didn't sync up for whatever reason (even if human "error" on their end). If you want an actual reason then call DirecTV (though the agents might not know if it was something on the back end), but if you want an "excuse" like you say, you can find one anywhere including making your own.

4 years ago

We find that the Fox news channel always looses connection, but all other news channels come in perfectly clear???

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

If Fox News is the only channel at all you have issues with, than that is most likely a problem with the channel feed. However before calling customer support to report the issue, check that coax is finger tight to every box and do a red button reset (even unplug power for a minute) one at a time (if Genie setup, complete reset on main box first before doing the others). Also make note of any error message.

But if that doesn't resolve the issue then call DirecTV so they can submit a trouble ticket, or see if there is already an known issue being worked on with the channel owner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000, DIRECTV STREAM 1-888-429-4023, or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

@OttoPylot 

If you don't want to come across Fox News Channel, then setup a custom favorites list where it is hidden.

TV providers will have a variety of news channels available, leaving it to our discretion to manage what we actually watch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000, DIRECTV STREAM 1-888-429-4023, or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.