Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

Help for activating and setting up your streaming experience.

(928)
F

Accepted Solution

Remote for Directv Stream Device

Can I get an addition remote for the stream device?

Question

directv stream box opens to directv satellite app

After pulling my hair out trying to use the DTV Stream app with my Samsung TV and remote, I bought a refurbished DTV stream box. Now, every time you turn on the TV with the Stream remote, it loads the DTV Satellite app (which I never downloaded anywhere). Then, not only is the picture choppy to the

Question

Red No network light is on when first setting up Directv Streaming

I'm trying to setup Directv streaming (first time out of the box), but when I connect power to the unit, both the blue light and the red "no network" light comes on and the start up screen does not appear. The instructions say the network connection setup comes later.

Question

Internet Provider

Can I change my internet Provider? I am with Windstream Kinetics.  They did offer streaming tv, but stopped.  So, I went to Direct TV streaming.  Verizon internet is cheaper. Thank you

Question

How to Control Screensaver on DirecTV Streaming Device

I am a new user with two DirecTV Streaming Devices. I can not find any obvious way to control the amount of time delay before the screensaver starts. It starts after 1 - 2 minutes of inactivity. I would like to be able to change that delay to 10 minutes. The only options I can fine in Settings ->

Question

I'm trying to fix quality drops; does the DNS setting on my router actually matter?

Occasionally, I get noticeable quality drops while watching stuff. It seems to mostly occur during live sports, but not always. It comes and goes at times too; it's not always a consistent issue. More rarely, I sometimes get a channel buffer for a couple of seconds. I'm using a wireless gigabi

Question

Directv keeps loosing internet connection only one box

Recently, last couple of days my downstairs Directv stream box keeps loosing internet connection. My upstaits box does not do this.  Nothing has changed with my current internet setup or placement of devices.  Any ideas?  Is it a bad box? I am going to swap and see if it follows the

Question

Stream device continually needs resetting

I have three Direct TV Stream devices, that are continually needing resetting.   One has been replaced and still every other day or so they are needing to be reset. My wifi is very reliable and doesnt ever go down so that isnt the problem. I believe your equipments is flawed.  I d

Question

Stream App sign in problem

Long time subscriber to satellite service (at 300 bucks a month) at residence. Have second residence in same area, with gigabyte internet connection, 3 TV set. Able to download App and sign in on older Roku, but get error message that password incorrect on two new Samsung Frames. AAT&T and Direc

Question

New DTV Stream Subscriber - Error Code 8012

signed up 12/20 to free trial 105+ channel DTV stream plan. Have been unable to sign into the app for 5 days now. Signing in on the web I can verify the subscription. Clicking WATCH NOW on the site puts me through a redirect loop. Have tried different browsers, clearing cache, history, cookies, priv

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.