Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

Help for activating and setting up your streaming experience.

(1603)
M

Accepted Solution

Streaming Gemini unit turns off when TV turns off

DirectTV streaming customer for one week. Successfully set Gemini up along with its remote.  Worked ok until I turned Samsung. TV off.  Unit turned completely off, making me have to start all over with programming.  Any suggestions?

Question

Accepted Solution

Unable to set up new osprey box

Hello community! I just bought a new (never been used) osprey box from a reputable eBay seller. After setting up the device, connecting to the internet and letting it do its updates everything goes well but then it comes to a screen that says it's trying to connect to a video bridge.  It's as

Question

Local News App not in catalog

I am trying to load the WIVB News 4 app on my DirecTV Stream Gemini box. The app is in the Google Play Store when I search on the Web. However, I can not find it when I do a search on the Gemini box. This is an app for my home town news station in Buffalo. I am on Direct TV in Southwest Florida.

Question

issue with Netflix at closing credits of a movie, using Gemini box.

This might be a Netflix, problem but I'll mention here. Netflix has a habit of putting the movie title on the screen when you pause the stream . . . I guess they think it's cool if you say answer your phone and the person sezs, oh you're watching a movie, what's it called???? I don't like that it do

Question

Can't disable screen saver

I have a month old Gemini box. When I'm watching something and pause, a screensaver comes on after 30 seconds.  It shows various landscape scenes that are very bright, which is a huge shock when you're watching a very dark movie or show.  I checked under Settings/System/Display and both t

Question

Transferring DTV Streaming box to another smart tv in another state?

We have DTV Streaming service over fiber optic cable in north Florida. (Correct terminology?)  We purchased our DTV streaming box from DTV.   We will be spending time in Maine where the only cable and internet service is through Spectrum, which has a monopoly in our part of the state

Question

Is C71KW-400 the newest hardware for DTV Streaming?

This is in reference to the "no contract" DTV Streaming service where you can use a Roku, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast w/Google TV, Android TV, etc. I use Fire Sticks and Roku, but I also have a used C71KW-400 I got from eBay and it works well. My C71KW-400 says it was manufactured in 2019, so it

Question

My remote has blue lights

… but replacing the batteries does not help. FF/RWD does not clear the problem.  The home button only illuminates the blue buttons.  Thanks!!

Question

Firmware request

Hello. New to DTV stream, loooong time DTV satellite user (finally got gigafiber in my area). I have 3 of the c71kw boxes that all updated to the DTV software. I am pleased with the service and interface. I am requesting that at some future update, your software engineers allow an automated switch

Question

DirecTV login

I have a third television in my home and downloaded the direct TV stream app on a firestick. After logging in with the correct credentials I am prompted with a screen to choose a package from the three being offered.. Entertainment, Choice or Ultimate.. and then sign up / pay for either. The probl

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.