Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

The DIRECTV Community Forums website will have an upcoming maintenance window from 10/21 to 10/22. Thank you for your patience during this time.

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(29742)
G
how do you turn off HDMI control

TV turns on by itself

Question

Remote will not work volume

I can get the power to work on my remote but every time I program it the power works but not the volume. I can get the volume to work but as soon as I hit "it worked" on the screen it clears out the volume. But the power still works. 

Question

Gemini remote access

I have a Genie and when traveling I will watch some shows from my dvr. Some shows are not available. If I add the Gemini, will I be able to access more from my dvr or is it the same. TIA

Question

Closed

Gemini remote access

Thinking about adding a Gemini. I tried googling and couldn’t find the answer. When I’m traveling I at times like to look at my recordings on my dvr. It’s a Genie. Some things are not available. My question is with the Gemini will I be able to access more recordings,or is there no difference. thanks

Question

errors on sat 103 odd transponders with new SWM installation

I have a very old setup and have just now installed an 8 Channel SWM into it. I have an HR-24 receiver and a R-22 (HR-22 hybrid) receiver which previously each received 2 coax lines directly from the dish.  Almost everything appears to be working with the new SWM installation, except that I am

Question

Accepted Solution

Gemini Problems

I am on my second Gemini unit and I still have the same problem. On start up, about 3 to 4 times a week, I only get audio, no picture.  The picture is blank or some  partial picture.  I do not get any error codes.  I have to hit the Red reset button and that brings the picture b

Question

Using both HDMI and Optical Audio at the same time

Currently, my DirecTv streaming box is connected via HDMI to a receiver in the den, with HDMI connecting from that receiver to the TV in the den. I'd like to use the optical audio out port from the same DirecTv box to go to second receiver in the living room so I can hear the sound from speakers i

Question

Pairing headphones

We recently received a replacement main receiver. Before we changed our headphones were paired but since then nothing! I’ve tried going to remote controls and looking for items to pair but there isn’t anywhere to locate them. Can you help?

Question

Amazon Fire TV

I have an Amazon Fire TV, but Direct TV does not list this as an acceptable choice for pairing an RC73 Remote. Direct TV doesn't know that this line of TVs exist. When will they update their software to acknowledge that Amazon makes Fire TVs? If not is there any other specific brand that I can use t

Question

pauised memory clears itself

I watch most of my programs on the same channel so if I pause it for 1.5 hours I can fast forward or rewind during that time. Unfortunately, a couple of times a day it will basically clear its memory and sets me back to the immediate time and I lose all of the memory of the shows I had paused and wo

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.