Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

The DIRECTV Community Forums website will have an upcoming maintenance window from 10/21 to 10/22. Thank you for your patience during this time.

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(29742)
A

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Can I take my Directv receiver/DVR while camping?

I want to take my Directv receiver/DVR with me when we go camping. I would purchase a satellite dish to use with it. Will I have issues with moving the receiver from my home address?

Question

Channel choices on #71 News Mix

Can I choose which channels I want to show on the News Mix channel 71? Two of them that are there , I don’t even get.

Question

remote connect to panasonic tc-p50g10 tv

The replacement for my Genie voice remote remote lost the volumn and on/off functions on my Panasonic TC-P50G10 (14 years old) TV. The old remote will still work, but I bought a replacement (same model) and the replacement will not function correctly. Is my TV too old to work with the latest model r

Question

Transfer recording to new box

My master box won’t power on and waiting for a replacement. I was told that I would lose everything on the hard drive. I can access them now and watch them on my iPad and Roku tv so they must be in the cloud. Why can’t I transfer them? Can I swap the hard drives?

Question

technicians not showing up for appointment 4 times no calls, get run around when call.

I have had 4 appointments, spent several hours on phone being on hold, transferred to several people, passing the buck to get answers. Asked for managers to resolve this and it is not happening no one from direct tv appears to want to help me a several decade customer who they won't assist me. Very

Question

Gemini streaming limitations from wifi limitations

Please read carefully, it's not my setup, nor will rebooting fix anything. This is solely about the inherent limitations in Internet access in a Gemini. And warning: if you think that apps in the Gemini use the internet from the server, you are wrong. This is on a Genie 2 system with a Gemini altho

Question

Returnable items?

I have some DirecTV items in stock that I would like to return, if possible. Can you tell me if the following items are still returnable? C61-700 H25-500 C51MP-700-T HR44NC-200-T

Question

Will a C71KW-400 work to replace a gemin air for IR control reasons

Mom is 95 years old and can not use the small hard to read gemini air remote. There are no big button remote options for the BT control. I found a new old stock C71KW-400 box and remote that I believe will function with IR control. This would allow me to purchase a big button universal IR remote for

Question

Should we upgrade equipment?

We have a Genie Gen 3 HR 54 and several Genie Mini C51's. Should we upgrade this? Or is this still ok equipment? I called to inquire and they asked all kinds of questions I didn't understand and kept putting me on hold. Reading in the forums I'm even more lost. But it sounds like the newest equipmen

Question

Receiver not ready for downloads

Not able to record or rewind to start to watch any shows

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.