Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(29692)
A
HR54 External Hard Drive Options

I record a lot of sports in 4K and I would like to upgrade from my current 6TB external drive on my HR54 to the largest size possible as I am down to about 25% free space. I have read on here that some people have gotten 12+TB drives to work.  Do you need to do an eSATA enclosure and hdd for t

Question

Accepted Solution

Can you RF pair more than one RC73 to a Genie Mini?

Please note the subject, very specific, about more than one RC73 using RF/. Right now I have 2 remotes, one IR setup and the other paired with RF. Has anyone been able to pair a second RC73 without unpairing the first? (IR always works, you can reset a RC73 locally and it reverts to IR). Greg

Question

Wireless option for Samsung TV

I’m moving Samsung tv to a wall without connections just a power outlet so need wireless option to having the box & internet wires. don't have genie now just a firestick but have had a genie before in another room.

Question

Third Party Control for DirecTV Gemini Air Dongle

I'm wanting to have an integrator add 3rd Party Control for the Gemini Air Dongle. Is there IP or IR control built in to this unit or does it only work via RF control from DirecTV remotes?

Question

gemeni issues with samsungTV

have new OLED & QLED from samsung; "upgraded" to wireless 4k gemeni boxes. several service calls by direct tv techs for new tower, gemeni boxes but same issues occur;  after 1 day or a few hours of tech showing,  mainly the functions on the remote won't work.  the guide, dvr, app

Question

whole home

I have a Genie, DVRs and one that does not record. They have worked fine up until a couple of days ago. The other 3 see each other, but the Genie does not see them. I cannot access shows recorded on the other 2 units. Help!

Question

Gemini loses wifi connection

Every morning I have to reconnect my Gemini to WiFi. This is a real problem in our house.  My 76 y/o husband is technically challenged.  Having to do a restart EVERY morning is not good.  I contacted DirecTV support.  A new Gemini Air was sent to me.  I hooked it up but sti

Question

2nd Genie remote won't lock down programming on AV reciever. trying to resolve

have searched the forum and can't locate this question. I have 2 Genie remotes/RF. DTV is Genie 54-500. the tech that did the install successfully programmed for my TV and audio receiver.   the 2nd remote is successfully programmed for the same TV, but remote programming won't lock down for a

Question

Equipment

Do I need to update this ? Genie Gen 2, Model HR44-500            Thank you.  Please help me weigh the pros and cons.  Thank you.

Question

Bluetooth connect won’t lower volume

I connected my Bluetooth speakers to Gemini but it won’t turn the volume down. However the speakers work fine when connected to my phone.

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.