Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

Help for activating and setting up your streaming experience.

(1516)
Directv stream with Apple TV question about Guide

I have Apple TV and am considering Directv Stream. Will I be able to scroll through the guide in Directv stream using Apple TV and the Apple TV remote? Is there an advantage to using another device or remote for channel surfing?

Question

Gemini Air - Voice Commands with Google HUB?

We just switched from a DirecTV Gemini to a Gemini 'Air' and needing some assistance with voice controls - AKA, not holding a remote and pressing a button to change the channel / turn on the TV. We were controlling the Gemini via Harmony HUB which was unreliable (and now unsupported). Now since the

Question

Request for Adaptive HDR support on Gemini Air

I really like the experience of using the Gemini Air for watching DirecTV Stream, but the fact that I have to have HDR on or off only is preventing me from using HDR at all because of how it makes SDR TV look on my TV. Any chance we will get adaptive HDR support at some point?  I know it works

Question

Gemini Air dropping connection

I recently hooked up the device in my bedroom TV hung on the wall. I constantly lose internet connection on the device. I have a very strong connection in bedroom (my router is in living room on other side of the wall). Could being behind a large tv cause the issue? I had a Roku TV previously in sam

Question

Substitute T-Vision Hub for DirecTV hub?

I currently stream with DirecTV in my vacation rental unit. At home, I also want to stream with DirecTV.  I now stream with T-Vision/YouTube.  Can I use my T-Vision streaming hub with my DirecTV account? I already have the DirecTV remote. 

Question

Accepted Solution

Streaming Gemini unit turns off when TV turns off

DirectTV streaming customer for one week. Successfully set Gemini up along with its remote.  Worked ok until I turned Samsung. TV off.  Unit turned completely off, making me have to start all over with programming.  Any suggestions?

Question

Bluetooth pairing issues

After initially pairing BT headphones to my Gemini device, I am forced to re-pair for subsequent sessions. This is unlike appletv and others devices which will automatically re-pair when the headphones are powered on. Am I missing a step or is this a ridiculous design flaw?  Thanks in advance!

Question

Accepted Solution

Sound Out of Sync with Video

I am having frequent problems with the sound being out of sync with the video on both of my DirecTV streaming devices. The problem mostly involves playback of DVRed shows, but has happened very intermittently when watching live, and it happens frequently on the one app (WeatherNation) that I have in

Question

Accepted Solution

Unable to set up new osprey box

Hello community! I just bought a new (never been used) osprey box from a reputable eBay seller. After setting up the device, connecting to the internet and letting it do its updates everything goes well but then it comes to a screen that says it's trying to connect to a video bridge.  It's as

Question

Genie Air Have to Reset Every 2 Days

On multiple TVs, We have to reset the attached Genie Airs after two days. When turning the TV/GP on via the remote, the screen comes up the DirectTv shade of blue, indicating that the HDMI interface is working fine and it’s the GP that isn’t transmitting the correct data.   The devices are on

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.