Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

Help for activating and setting up your streaming experience.

(928)
J
Remote Voice Control

The remote has stopped recognizing voice commands. The button functions and the onscreen response opens and responds with the suggested commands, but does not “hear” my command.  Is there a reset or some way to resume the voice recognition?

Question

Accepted Solution

I have Directv stream app on NVIDIA shield. Can I buy and use the Directv Stream remote?

I have had the service for about a month now.. I am loving it. I just can't seem to get used the using the NVIDIA shield remote with my NVIDIA shield to control the DirecTV stream app.

Question

Confused about streaming away from home network

I came across this info about setting up the streaming device. It sounds like I would not be able to access the service on any other device if I am away from my home network. This can't be right.I found the info below at this link under "important details" :  https://www.directv.com/support/st

Question

Closed

Remote wont connect to box

I bought a used streaming box. I did a hard reset where i reset the box five times in a row.  When you do that it reverts back to the original software.  When it asks you to connect a remote control it says to push the volume+ and mute button on the remote control.  On the old remote

Question

Closed

Problem checking for updates 80003-001

Getting this error message. I have a good internet connection and it wont update.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Question

Remote message on tv

We keep getting the message “The audio device was found and set up. The tv remote changes the volume.” Our “r2” remote controls the volume, it has been paired, but this message keeps popping up every few minutes & we can’t get it removed.

Question

Can DirecTV *STREAM* be used with Xfinity instead of AT&T internet?

I have DirecTV Stream with AT&T internet. High speed internet is not available in my area and AT&T won't give an answer as to when it will be available. I would like to switch to high speed internet which is available from Xfinity. Is DirecTV Stream compatible with Xfinity internet service?

Question

DirectTV remote with Hisense Roku TV

Hi, I have a Hisense Roku TV and DirectTV Stream - the direct tv remote does not control the volume after we connected a sound bar. Can the remote be reprogrammed to do that or is there a different universal remote?

Question

Samsung voice control remote

I just installed the DTV app on a new Samsung TV, but it doesn’t seem to respond to voice commands like my other streaming apps.

Question

Delay in Shipping stream device

I ordered stream along with several stream devices 10 days ago and they still have not shipped. It just says order processing when looking at the equipment page on my account. I was just wondering if others had the same delay? Thanks.

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.