Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!
DIRECTV

DIRECTV

Find answers to common DIRECTV questions, 24X7.
Ask a question

Latest Conversations

(177654)
M
Programming the RC 7 1 to work only my TV

So I have the RC71 remote and I do not have the DVR or genie whatever I only have my TV and I wanted to control only my TV without the satellite box how do I do it

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

2 Receiver problems

1 receiver over heats in minutes of turning on equipment. Have tried numerous ways to keep cool but nothing works making TV unusable.  Another receiver will not hold a program, when you hit play again TV goes blank and have to turn off TV and turn back on.

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Blocked channel

Fox New Channel is blocked, it doesn't even show up on my guide.

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Accepted Solution

Extend pause

Is there a way to extend the length of time we can pause a program before screen saver appears? Our issue is that when we pause a program whether recorded or live, screen goes to screen saver (advertisements)...way too soon. --We pause to read graphs, maps, etc., and as we are doing that, a scre

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Closed

volume going up and down

I am having trouble with the volume going up and down on all channels unplug stereo and use the tv speakers and it is still happening? Anybody else have this

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

General Hospital is not recording, why?

General Hospital has not been recording. We got a message:         "episode was cancelled because             of a programming update (13)"  What's this all about? 

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Accepted Solution

DVR stops recording about a minute before the end of the show

We use the satellite service.  Recently, on several occasions our DVR has stopped recording a program about a minute early.  This includes both network shows and traditional cable shows.   When we hit INFO, the time reported on the TV is accurate.

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Which channels are on which satellites and transponders?

Is there a list somewhere that shows which satellite and transponder is used for each Direct TV channel? For instance what channel(s) use(s) Satellite 101 transponder 1, Satellite 101 transponder 2, etc.

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Closed

How do I lower my bill?

My bill has increased within the last couple of months. I wanted to know if there are any promotions I can be eligible for.

Question

• DIRECTV Account

Channel blocked on app

App says I cannot watch a channel because it is blocked due to content. No parental controls, it's part of my package.   What is the fix?

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.